Problem with controller on new to me P2

Reaction score
I bought a used P2 from a reputable seller online. When I turned it on and turned the controller on, I got nothing. Tried a few times, and still had nothing. I decided to install the win driver and RC assistant and Phantom Assistant.. I tried to connect the controller via USB and the program never acknowledges it. If I hook the phantom up to the Phantom Assistant, it gets recognized and even updated the firmware, but still no controller input. I believe the controller is paired with the P2, since when I look at the red LED button on the bottom, it turns green whenver I turn the controller on, so i believe I have a connection there..

When I install the win driver i repeatedly get a install fail message and the usb ever recognizes the P2, but it will work in the Phantom Assistant.

I also get a cnfg err message whenever the phantom assistant launches and says "Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters."

I really have no idea whats going on and could use help, or should I just look into returning it.. For all I know its a stupid fix.

Thnks in advance

I bought a used P2 from a reputable seller online. When I turned it on and turned the controller on, I got nothing. Tried a few times, and still had nothing. I decided to install the win driver and RC assistant and Phantom Assistant.. I tried to connect the controller via USB and the program never acknowledges it. If I hook the phantom up to the Phantom Assistant, it gets recognized and even updated the firmware, but still no controller input. I believe the controller is paired with the P2, since when I look at the red LED button on the bottom, it turns green whenver I turn the controller on, so i believe I have a connection there..

When I install the win driver i repeatedly get a install fail message and the usb ever recognizes the P2, but it will work in the Phantom Assistant.

I also get a cnfg err message whenever the phantom assistant launches and says "Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters."

I really have no idea whats going on and could use help, or should I just look into returning it.. For all I know its a stupid fix.

Thnks in advance

Just because the 2.4GHz receive on the P2 turns green doesn't mean the two are paired. Look on the backside of the RC controller and is which model you have. The original was a DJ6 and the new unit is NDJ6 which has tilt wheel on the upper left corner of the controller. There are two possibilities why you cannot connect the controller to your computer either a damaged USB connector on the unit or the cable is seated in it's socket or not connected inside the controller

Just because the 2.4GHz receive on the P2 turns green doesn't mean the two are paired. Look on the backside of the RC controller and is which model you have. The original was a DJ6 and the new unit is NDJ6 which has tilt wheel on the upper left corner of the controller. There are two possibilities why you cannot connect the controller to your computer either a damaged USB connector on the unit or the cable is seated in it's socket or not connected inside the controller
I have the older DJ6..my gimbal control is on the back and my USB port is on the bottom of the controller.

I have the older DJ6..my gimbal control is on the back and my USB port is on the bottom of the controller.

I noticed that downloaded the windows driver. Well that driver is for the P2 and not for the RC controller.

Have you tried a changing the USB cable you have been using to connect to your P2 equipment. Have you bothered open the controller to see if the USB is fully seated in its socket. I have search the web for the internal USB cable for the controller and there are none listed.

The only other solution is to replace the controller with the newer NDJ6 which many of us have done.
DJI Phantom 2 Lipo Remote Control Transmitter 2.4GHz w/ Dial NDJ6 controller TX

I noticed that downloaded the windows driver. Well that driver is for the P2 and not for the RC controller.

Have you tried a changing the USB cable you have been using to connect to your P2 equipment. Have you bothered open the controller to see if the USB is fully seated in its socket. I have search the web for the internal USB cable for the controller and there are none listed.

The only other solution is to replace the controller with the newer NDJ6 which many of us have done.
DJI Phantom 2 Lipo Remote Control Transmitter 2.4GHz w/ Dial NDJ6 controller TX

I have not changed the USB cable, I assumed because the p2 could be found, and the USB cable works for my phone, that the cable is ok. I haven't opened the Controller yet to make sure the USB port is seated corrxrly, plan on doing that when I get home..

I assumed because the red led light on then p2 turned to green when I turned in the controller meant it was paired with the controller, is not correct? Maybe I'll try to pair it again and see if that works.

In your opinion, do you think the p2 is ok, and my issue is with the controller?

I have not changed the USB cable, I assumed because the p2 could be found, and the USB cable works for my phone, that the cable is ok. I haven't opened the Controller yet to make sure the USB port is seated corrxrly, plan on doing that when I get home..

I assumed because the red led light on then p2 turned to green when I turned in the controller meant it was paired with the controller, is not correct? Maybe I'll try to pair it again and see if that works.

In your opinion, do you think the p2 is ok, and my issue is with the controller?

Yes the issue is with the controller.as it either has a damaged USB connector or it isn't fully seated in its socket. If you have another USB cable try it an see if it makes a difference.

The link I sent you on the NDJ6 remote was a very good price for a new controller as they sell for $99 dollars.

Cool, thanks... one more question, sorry I'm new to the p2.... would the issue I'm having with the USB also cause or affect the ability for the p2 to Pais to the controller?

Cool, thanks... one more question, sorry I'm new to the p2.... would the issue I'm having with the USB also cause or affect the ability for the p2 to Pais to the controller?

If you cannot start the motor using the controller then it cannot be paired to the P2. Now if the motors start when you do CSC then the controller is paired to the P2. So try it to see if it will start.

Have you tried with different USB cable? You have nothing to loose and everything to gain by trying.

If you cannot start the motor using the controller then it cannot be paired to the P2. Now if the motors start when you do CSC then the controller is paired to the P2. So try it to see if it will start.
It doesn't start when I do csc... I can't even enter the compass calibration via the s2 switch, so I'm guessing it's not paired to the p2.. I tried doing the pairing method by pushing the led button, but it didn't work.. I guess what I'm wondering is could the inability to pair the controller with the p2 also have to do with my USB issue

It doesn't start when I do csc... I can't even enter the compass calibration via the s2 switch, so I'm guessing it's not paired to the p2.. I tried doing the pairing method by pushing the led button, but it didn't work.. I guess what I'm wondering is could the inability to pair the controller with the p2 also have to do with my USB issue

Does the LED turn on when you power up the controller and if it does what color is it?

Use the reply button at the bottom that way I know you either have a question or an answer.

Do you have another USB cable that you can try? If not then open that controller up and check connector unplug it and check that all four pins are straight and plug it back up and see if it will connect to the software.

Do you have another USB cable that you can try? If not then open that controller up and check connector unplug it and check that all four pins are straight and plug it back up and see if it will connect to the software.
I tried another USB and still no go.. My laptop does make the chime to acknowledge a USB has device has been plugged in, but cant find controller... USB port in controller looked good as far as I can tell

I tried another USB and still no go.. My laptop does make the chime to acknowledge a USB has device has been plugged in, but cant find controller... USB port in controller looked good as far as I can tell

What windows os are you using?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic