Problem With Camera

Reaction score
Ok, so the FC40 is my first quad. Just bought it two days ago. Had several helicopters in the past so flying this thing is a breeze. My problem with this thing is the camera. I have a Samsung S3, which according to everything I can find from DJI is the ideal Android phone for FPV. Downloaded the app and have no problem connecting to the camera, but won't stay connected. Phone is telling me that the wifi connection is unstable. Sometimes I can stay connected for 5 sec, some times 20 sec. Someone tell me there is a quick fix for this. I am looking at getting a gimbal anyway, but was hoping to use this camera for a little while before upgrading. Other than the wifi thing the camera works fine. I can hit record manually and still take awesome video, just was hoping to have that FPV live so I could see what kind of footage I was taking before going in and hooking to the computer.

Do you ever restart your phone or pull the battery on it. The other option is to try an Apple device to see if its the camera or your phone that is having the problem. Also be sure that the batter on the camera is fully charged and wait until the flashing light is solid green which I am assuming you have already done.. If you still have the problem I would call DJI, it takes a while to get through but they should answer eventually. My camera stays connected fine although glitchy at times.

Update!!!!!
Hope this helps anyone else out there who runs into this problem. Phones running android 4.0 and higher have this nasty little thing called smart wifi monitoring. It automatically switches from a weaker signal to a stronger signal. The signal coming from the camera while extremely strong, is a little different than a standard wifi signal. The phone will see it as an unstable signal and try to connect to any other available signal. You have to go into settings and turn off the smart monitor.

I also had to do this to connect my Gopro to my phone via wifi, no I don't fly with the wife on but I do use the Android app to change the setting on the camera. I just hope I don't forget to turn it off.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I tested vc40 cam with different androd phones and it works fine (depending on the cpu of the phone), the only problem is that I'm not able to record sounds and my understanding is that cv40 camera is able to record sounds as well.
Does anyone experince the same problem?

Thanks.
Ciao,
Antonio

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1