Problem with Autopilot

Reaction score
Need help from those of you familiar with Autopilot, I have searched this forum regarding an issue with Autopilot and not been able to find any answers.

Here is my setup, P3P, iPad Mini 4 + Cellular, latest firmware across the board.

I just purchased Autopilot and been reading the manual, read Flight School manual twice.

This afternoon I went to the park to practice with one of the Computer Flight Controls in Basic mode, my plan is to work with one CFC at a time and work my way up to advanced in all various CFC.
So decided to start working on Zip Line in Basic mode,
the "Fly to Point A" value is 100 ft., the "Fly to Point B" value is 200 ft., The "Preferred Closing Speed" is 8.1 mph, Camera on Engage - Start, Camera Mode - Video, Camera on Disengage - Stop.
I ran the program however the bird goes up to 100 ft., stays there and does not move to point B to create the zip line effect. All I got was a message in Autopilot indicating that I had reached point A but nothing happened for about 3 minutes, the bird was hovering and had to land it manually.
The first time I launched Autopilot the bird was up in the air at about 30 ft., DJI GO App closed the bird went to the specified altitude for point A which is 100 ft but did not go to point B.
The second time I launched the bird was on the ground and went all the way up to 100 ft. and did not go to point B.
I also tried different altitude values, point A = 45ft and point B = 150 ft and that did not help.
I also want to mention that the RC was in F mode.

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry about the short reply earlier, busy day at work. Here is a screen shot, when engaged you select or press on the screen "Fly to Point B", or "Fly to Point A" when you have gone over to B. Do be aware that when you engage it will fly to point A, so IMO "A" should be closest to your current location. You do as stated above to traverse the path back and forth from A to B. Once at the specified point of A or B, it hovers until the next command.
IMG_2291.PNG

Sorry about the short reply earlier, busy day at work. Here is a screen shot, when engaged you select or press on the screen "Fly to Point B", or "Fly to Point A" when you have gone over to B. Do be aware that when you engage it will fly to point A, so IMO "A" should be closest to your current location. You do as stated above to traverse the path back and forth from A to B. Once at the specified point of A or B, it hovers until the next command.
View attachment 61916

No worries, same here, busy day at work.

Thanks P3A_Demon, no wonder when I was engaging Autopilot yesterday afternoon, as stated in my original posting, the bird would get to point A, I remember seeing in my display a notification indicating "reached point A" or something like that but then the bird would just hover at point A without moving to point B. Makes a lot of sense now, I really want to get know Autopilot for all of my videos.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub