P3 Firmware Problem updating firmware

Reaction score
I have a new to me P3P and I got the message to update firmware. It is running 1.8.80. I am having trouble updating firmware. I updated the controller.

I tried several times to upgrade the firmware but nothing happens. When I power up the aircraft it initializes itself and the green light by sd card stays on. I downloaded P3X_FW_V01.10.0090 to my sd card. The folders on the sd include: P3X_FW_V01.10.0090 (which has the .bin file inside), DCIM, System Volume Info, Android, and MISC. Do all folders except the P3X... need to be deleted? Could there be an issue with the onboard computer?
I have not tried upgrading firmware in increments.
Any help would be appreciated.

I have a new to me P3P and I got the message to update firmware. It is running 1.8.80. I am having trouble updating firmware. I updated the controller.

I tried several times to upgrade the firmware but nothing happens. When I power up the aircraft it initializes itself and the green light by sd card stays on. I downloaded P3X_FW_V01.10.0090 to my sd card. The folders on the sd include: P3X_FW_V01.10.0090 (which has the .bin file inside), DCIM, System Volume Info, Android, and MISC. Do all folders except the P3X... need to be deleted? Could there be an issue with the onboard computer?
I have not tried upgrading firmware in increments.
Any help would be appreciated.

Just the bin file goes on the sd card

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots I have 1.8 on my P3p and won't update because it works with no issues!

I had the exact same problem last month and I'm still not sure what to do. After many hours and attempts it looked like it was working but when I checked the file it said it had failed. I ended up giving up hope and did some research and found it really is not necessarily required to update the firmware and can fly perfectly normal when not updated. I'm sorry I don't know how to help but just letting you know that its not the end of the world if you cant update and sometimes its even better if you dont update the firmware.
Hope this helped.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Be sure to download the right file. If you have an P3 advanced the file is called P3S_FW_V01.10.0090 rather than P3X_FW_V01.10.0090
Does this help?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub