Problem updating firmware for my P4P

Reaction score
While updating the P4P firmware, the update went to 99% then never changed for two hours. The battery was full when I started but I needed to change about an hour in but that still didn't change anything. After the two hours I shut everything down.

Now there is no notification of a needed update but my controller won't connect to the the aircraft. I have a green light on the controller.

I've only had the P4P for about a month and it worked perfect up till now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Did you update the firmware on your remote controller? If not, you should see a prompt to do so on the main screen of DJI GO 4 (before you enter the camera view).

You could try downgrading/resetting the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 app. If needed, you can download it from the P4P downloads page.

You cannot downgrade the Phantom 3 firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 app. It can only be done by dropping the BIN file on the memory card.

I had a similar thing but with assistant for mac. Downloaded all the firmwares fine(controller included), but nothing would load onto the devices, would get to a certain percentage then stop. I left it for ages to finish but to no avail. Firewall was deactivated. I then used the iOS Dji app and everything was fine. Bit strange.

Figured out the DJI Assistant and all the firmware is now updated on the drone and the controller. However my problem persists. The controller won't connect to the drone and a purple light is on the controller. I looked in the user manual and there is no purple light listed. What ever color the light, the drone and the controller are not connecting.

Last edited:
Phantom 4-Linking the Remote Controller - DJI Wiki

Linking the Controller to Your Aircraft
When you purchase a Phantom 4, the remote controller will be linked to your aircraft before delivery so simply turning it on will allow you to get flying straight away.

However, if for whatever reason you’re using a new remote controller, follow the steps below to link it to your aircraft.

1. Turn on the remote controller, connect it to your mobile device and launch the DJI GO app
  2. Power up the Phantom 4 Battery
  3. Select ‘Camera’, press the remote controller icon, then tap the ‘Linking RC’ button
  4. The controller is now ready to link with the Phantom 4, the status LED will flash blue and the controller will emit a tone
  5. Press the linking button on the side of the aircraft which will begin the synchronisation; the LED will turn solid green when the controller has been linked to the aircraft
Note: Once you’re ready to take to the air, ensure that you take steps to prevent any transmission interference by not operating any more than three crafts in close airspace proximity.

My P4P worked fine until this evening, it kept saying not connected, had a green light on the controller and the P4P. The problem was the cable to the ipad wasn't not making connection.
It may be a shot in the dark but you might check the cable ?
Hope you get it figured out I know it can get stressful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav