Problem only when gimbal is attached

Reaction score
Background:
Bought this from a person who crashed it. crash broke the cable on the gimbal and messed up a motor. I have replaced the cable on the gimbal and replaced the motor. It works perfect, as long as it doesn't have cables connected to the gimbal. In fact, it's only one of the cables that causes the problem. It's the cable opposite form the one that "clicks" in. When it is not plugged in, no errors. When it is plugged in, the lights on the arms off the quad turn off and a little red light on the right side of the quad blinks red. There is no movement or anything of the gimbal itself. All firmware is up to date.

I have tried unplugging them in, checking that all the wires are connected well with no messed up pins.

I have not messed with anything up above in the quadcopter regarding this issue.

Note: When the gimbal is connected, along with the flashing red light on the side of the quad, there is an error that pops up in the software (abnormal compass data) This only comes us when the gimbal is attached. once I unplug the gimbal, it goes away.

Thanks for any help!!!

BTW, I tried searching 20 mins through quite a few posts similar, but I could not find the same problem. So sorry if this is a repost.

Last edited:
With all the. Cable plugged in to the gimbel power up the quad and look at the flashing lights on the rear arms. What color are they and how and what sequence do they flash. That give info on errors and what may be needed to fix. From what you said you may want to start with your calibrations beginning with the IMU, the remote and then the compass cal outside. If not sure how to do these luck up the videos on you tube. Videos make t easier.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, hopefully a video will explain more...

And sorry, I have done a ton of imu calibrations will no benefits (it says I didn't need them, but did them anyway)

Did you do the compass calibration outside away from any metal objects?

Are you supposed to do the compass calibration with the gimbal attached? If so it won't do it with the gimbal attached. I can only do it without the gimbal attached

Anything! Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 20150821_121329.jpg
    20150821_121329.jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 376
  • 20150821_121410.jpg
    20150821_121410.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 397
when you are looking a the the picture of the cables, the one on the right is the one that will turn off all lights on the phantom when attached.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl