Problem following ESC and motor replacement

Reaction score
I replaced a single ESC and motor on my Phantom 2. When the fully charged battery was inserted into the quadcopter following the replacement there was a spark from somewhere on the main board. Now, when I insert the battery, I get 4 red lights which then switches to flashing rear yellow lights after a few seconds. This happens without turning the battery on. Is my main board fried? Any thoughts?

I replaced a single ESC and motor on my Phantom 2. When the fully charged battery was inserted into the quadcopter following the replacement there was a spark from somewhere on the main board. Now, when I insert the battery, I get 4 red lights which then switches to flashing rear yellow lights after a few seconds. This happens without turning the battery on. Is my main board fried? Any thoughts?

Well, the only way to find out is to open it back up. Once open and take a full horizontal photo of the main board. Save the photo in a file on your computer's hard drive and use the Upload a File button to load it like this photo so it can be enlarged. You'll see an enlargement button at the top of this photo.

IMG_0016.jpg

Well, the only way to find out is to open it back up. Once open and take a full horizontal photo of the main board. Save the photo in a file on your computer's hard drive and use the Upload a File button to load it like this photo so it can be enlarged. You'll see an enlargement button at the top of this photo.

View attachment 82154
Photo attached.
IMG_0338.JPG

OK. My mistake. View attachment 82200 New photo attached.

Watch this video and tell if this what seeing when powering up your P2. You do not need to screw the shell down but make you connect the GPS cable or it will not start up and leave the props off.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watch this video and tell if this what seeing when powering up your P2. You do not need to screw the shell down but make you connect the GPS cable or it will not start up and leave the props off.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That is not what I am seeing. My drone powers up just by inserting the battery (without pressing the battery on button). In fact, the battery with not stay on even if I try to turn it on as normal. Could the battery be bad? Unfortunately, I do not have a second to test with.
When I insert the battery into the drone (without pressing the button on the battery) I immediately get 4 solid red lights. I should not see any life in the drone until I activate the battery by pushing the button. Correct?

That is not what I am seeing. My drone powers up just by inserting the battery (without pressing the battery on button). In fact, the battery with not stay on even if I try to turn it on as normal. Could the battery be bad? Unfortunately, I do not have a second to test with.
When I insert the battery into the drone (without pressing the button on the battery) I immediately get 4 solid red lights. I should not see any life in the drone until I activate the battery by pushing the button. Correct?

The P2 should not turn on or go into the startup sequence by just inserting the battery. You only have two choices either send it in for repair or replace the main board which may not be the only problem.

What was the reason for changing the motor and ESC module? Also, where do you live?

The P2 should not turn on or go into the startup sequence by just inserting the battery. You only have two choices either send it in for repair or replace the main board which may not be the only problem.

What was the reason for changing the motor and ESC module? Also, where do you live?
The right rear motor was stuttering, inhibiting normal usage. I'm in Massachusetts.

The right rear motor was stuttering, inhibiting normal usage. I'm in Massachusetts.

Here's where to get the main board: DJI Central Circuit Board for Phantom 2 Vision CP.PT.000052 B&H

If you decide to replace the board be sure to take detailed photos before replacing it. The Naza-M module is held on with double back tape make sure you also take photos of all the wire connections to that module. Many haven't and could not figure why it wouldn't work.

Once the board has been replaced you will need to do an advanced IMU calibration. You may have to pair RC controller with the P2s receiver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers