Problem connecting to WIFI Extender

Reaction score
I just got a used Phantom 2 vision as a gift from my abroad brother and i am just checking it and learning it
I faced a problem that i couldnt detect the WIFI on my mobile phone and even on my pc i couldnt find the wifi network

I tried the rebinding steps, i assured the camera switch is set to wifi "far right" and the power light is on and the system light blinks when i pwer on the device and then gives steady green light

If anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem, also if anyone have any advice about the best turtorial videos for flying the phantom it will be much appreciated

Also i would like to add that n one of he tutorial videos i saw that also the camera itself has "or should have" an ssid itself which i also didnt detect on the phone nor the pc

Well i tried on several devices to just discover the SSID but failed i have HTC one android phone didnt find the extender nor the camera SSID

The lights are on as mentioned in my first post the power is steady green the systme is also steady green

Make sure that the Android feature to auto-select best WiFi or WiFi with internet connectivity is off.

Has your brother successfully flown this copter?

Is the plug on the back of the camera fully inserted. ( I spent a week trying to diagnose my problems only to find a not fully inserted cable.)

Gook Luck
Harry

kabou said:
Also i would like to add that n one of he tutorial videos i saw that also the camera itself has "or should have" an ssid itself which i also didnt detect on the phone nor the pc

The camera does not broadcast its SSID. The repeater knows how to find it. If you need to link directly to it the information is in the QR Code.

HML48 said:
Make sure that the Android feature to auto-select best WiFi or WiFi with internet connectivity is off.

Has your brother successfully flown this copter?

Is the plug on the back of the camera fully inserted. ( I spent a week trying to diagnose my problems only to find a not fully inserted cable.)

Gook Luck
Harry

Auto select seems to be disabled but the problem is not connecting to the WIFI extender the problem is i cant find it when i scan for networks. The cable also is correctly plugged as the light on the camera also is steady green so this doesnt seem to be the problem

HML48 said:
kabou said:

The camera does not broadcast its SSID. The repeater knows how to find it. If you need to link directly to it the information is in the QR Code.

Thanks for the information, I cant scan the QR code which is on the back of the extender as its soo small as its so small ! is there any other way to connect directly to it !?

kabou said:
HML48 said:
kabou said:

Thanks for the information, I cant scan the QR code which is on the back of the extender as its soo small as its so small ! is there any other way to connect directly to it !?

The QR code you need is the one on the box. The same one you use when binding. It has 6 parameters, the one you want has the form "FC200_xxxxxx" where xxxxxx are the last 6 hex characters of the MAC address of the camera.

Good luck
Harry

kabou said:
unfortunately i also doesnt have the original box :(

You can get DJI to generate a new QR code from the serial numbers. Check out their web site.

Harry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers