problem again -- Noobie: motors won't start

Reaction score
The Phantom finally arrived, along with a fairly serious rain.

I've assembled the Phantom, upgraded the firmware, calibrated the compass and followed the basic start-up procedures. Everything seemed to go just fine -- but when I try to start the motors for a test (without props), I get nothing.

I tried this inside the house and when it finally quit raining, took the Phantom outside. I get a single flashing green light in GPS mode but still no response from the motors.

Where am I going wrong?

later... (much later): the problem was a simple oversight -- I didn't realize that you have to move both control sticks simultaneously just before increasing the throttle.

I was so happy when the motors kicked in that I was tempted to throw the props on and do a virgin flight by moonlight. Fortunately I was overcome by commonsense and will go to bed instead.

Thanks to everyone for the great info and support on this forum, not to mention the entertainment. ;)

problem returns: Noobie: motors won't start

Now I'm really confused....

I thought I had this figured out but I'm back to Square One, very confused by the LEDs. In addition, I was getting an Error 26, which appeared to be corrected by the advance calibration but now I'm not so sure.

An hour ago I (somehow) got the motors turning again without the props. I ran them for about 6 minutes, simulating flight. Everything seemed great... and then I disconnected and recharged the battery. Now, after an hour, I reconnected the battery -- I have a flashing yellow, two at a time, and no response from the motors.

We're between rain showers so I'd really like to get this thing into the air!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20