Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

problem again -- Noobie: motors won't start

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by GearLoose, May 23, 2013.

1. GearLoose

The Phantom finally arrived, along with a fairly serious rain.

I've assembled the Phantom, upgraded the firmware, calibrated the compass and followed the basic start-up procedures. Everything seemed to go just fine -- but when I try to start the motors for a test (without props), I get nothing.

I tried this inside the house and when it finally quit raining, took the Phantom outside. I get a single flashing green light in GPS mode but still no response from the motors.

Where am I going wrong?

later... (much later): the problem was a simple oversight -- I didn't realize that you have to move both control sticks simultaneously just before increasing the throttle.

I was so happy when the motors kicked in that I was tempted to throw the props on and do a virgin flight by moonlight. Fortunately I was overcome by commonsense and will go to bed instead.

Thanks to everyone for the great info and support on this forum, not to mention the entertainment. ;)

2. auck

3. Gizmo3000

4. GearLoose

problem returns: Noobie: motors won't start

Now I'm really confused....

I thought I had this figured out but I'm back to Square One, very confused by the LEDs. In addition, I was getting an Error 26, which appeared to be corrected by the advance calibration but now I'm not so sure.

An hour ago I (somehow) got the motors turning again without the props. I ran them for about 6 minutes, simulating flight. Everything seemed great... and then I disconnected and recharged the battery. Now, after an hour, I reconnected the battery -- I have a flashing yellow, two at a time, and no response from the motors.

We're between rain showers so I'd really like to get this thing into the air!