Probably an easy one....

Reaction score
If I am flying in ATTI and have 6 or more sats, and I lose TX connection, will the craft auto switch to GPS mode and RTH normally? Or will it just fly away with the wind? I don't have the big bells to test this. Hoping someone knows the answer for sure.

Hi

I can tell you how my P1 works and I would assume that the P2 works the same way...

Regardless of the current mode (GPS/ATTI, ATTI, Manual) and IOC setting (Off, CL, HL), when the TX/RX link fails, the Phantom will hover for a few seconds, then climb to 20m above the Home point (or maintain altitude if already 20m or more above home point), then fly home, descend and land.

I have set my Fail Safe in the NAZA Assistant to do this. I think the default is just to land.

Note that if there is an obstacle in the way, the Phantom WILL hit it.

Well the most important part of the question is will it return home and land if it is set that way (which in my case it is), which you say will happen. I thought as much but just wanted to verify with the experts.

BlackTracer said:
If I am flying in ATTI and have 6 or more sats, and I lose TX connection, will the craft auto switch to GPS mode and RTH normally? Or will it just fly away with the wind? I don't have the big bells to test this. Hoping someone knows the answer for sure.

The answer is yes no matter your switch position when control is lost it will either go to 66ft or stay if already higher
and fly to your home position and land as long as that is your setting in assistant if you have just land then that is what it will do

IF YOU DONT TRUST ME go out 40ft from you and up 80 on a low wind day turn to atti and shut controller off
and watch then turn controller back on flip s1 switch to gps and take back over when you want or let it land

The exception to this is if you powered up and took off in ATTI mode and didn't wait for GPS Home Lock. If it doesn't know where home is, you better be able to run really fast.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj