Pro vs. Advanced real time image quality query

Reaction score
My wife is buying me a Phantom 3 for my birthday next week. Yes she is aware that it is going down like that :) The cost is higher than she planned to spend (lol) even with the advanced, however I've read enough about the quality of the real-time feed to have some concern about its usefulness. I've only seen one example of video of the Advanced video feed and no examples of the Pro video feed. The one example I saw was noisy and difficult to discern detail in. Can anyone give me their judgement based on use of both or point me to some videos illustrating the difference? Thank you!

Sean

My wife is buying me a Phantom 3 for my birthday next week. Yes she is aware that it is going down like that :) The cost is higher than she planned to spend (lol) even with the advanced, however I've read enough about the quality of the real-time feed to have some concern about its usefulness. I've only seen one example of video of the Advanced video feed and no examples of the Pro video feed. The one example I saw was noisy and difficult to discern detail in. Can anyone give me their judgement based on use of both or point me to some videos illustrating the difference?
Are you planning to use goggles or a 10 inch tablet?
If not, you won't notice any difference.
With a 7 or 8 inch tablet, the Advanced gives perfectly good crystal clear live view.

Reactions: Oso
I have HEARD (and someone feel free to dispute this) that there is a difference in the datarate between the video feed of the two. The video to the P3A is presumably 2mbps and the P3P is 10mbps. The P3A is supposed to have a slightly better video range - a tradeoff I suppose. I own a P3A and am pretty happy with the video coming in, though it could always be better. I prefer to fly with my headplay goggles and do so when I can.

If someone can confirm this difference and post a link to an authoritative site that talks about it, I would appreciate seeing it.

Here's one thread about this...
Official Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced ***Owner's Thread*** First post has FAQ - Page 2555 - RC Groups

I have HEARD (and someone feel free to dispute this) that there is a difference in the datarate between the video feed of the two. The video to the P3A is presumably 2mbps and the P3P is 10mbps. The P3A is supposed to have a slightly better video range - a tradeoff I suppose. I own a P3A and am pretty happy with the video coming in, though it could always be better. I prefer to fly with my headplay goggles and do so when I can.

If someone can confirm this difference and post a link to an authoritative site that talks about it, I would appreciate seeing it.

Here's one thread about this...
Official Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced ***Owner's Thread*** First post has FAQ - Page 2555 - RC Groups
It's a well known fact (as well as a published spec) that the P3A averages about 2Mb/s for it's downlink when the P3P max's at 10Mb/s. There are literally hundreds of posts about it with lots of info and some even with video comparisons. Even so, what @Meta4 posted is a good rule of thumb for most people. Sure, the specs say that the P3P has a better downlink, but if you are not using goggles or trying to show the FPV on a larger screen (or external monitor) you more than likely will be perfectly happy with the FPV on a P3A.

Reactions: JoBe
Are you planning to use goggles or a 10 inch tablet?
If not, you won't notice any difference.
With a 7 or 8 inch tablet, the Advanced gives perfectly good crystal clear live view.

Thank you for your responses! I would like to move to goggles eventually, how big of a difference are we talking when using goggles?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20