Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

pro battery charger

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by lotusteve, Jan 9, 2016.

1. lotusteve

i have the advanced phantom with two batterys and only the advanced charger,if i buy the pro charger will it be ok to charge my advanced batterys. i would rather get the pro charger than another advanced charger. thanks

2. robinb

3. oakmeadows1963

Don't risk your phantom with a piece of Chinese copy chargers they tend to be very dangerous and unpredictable .Buyer beware as they say

4. robinb

You are talking rubbish !

These are great chargers.

5. drones2sky

the only difference between the 57w p3a and the 100wp3p is that charging times are slower than the 100w charger. if you buy the 100w p3p charger you will have your batteries charged quicker. no other difference. Cheers

6. Rumbaar

Yes, the batteries are the same. The charge time for the ADV charger is around 100 mins and the PRO charger around 65 mins.

7. Rumbaar

I'm under the understanding all the intelligence is in the batteries, so there would be little risk using an alternate charger. I personally wouldn't.

8. VAJeff

I have used this brand on PV2+ and now on P3S. Two different chargers since batteries are different.

Here is the Amazon link, Amazon.com: DJI Phantom 3 Battery Charger By Smatree- 105W 3-Channel Charger for Phantom 3 Professional/ Advanced Quadcopter Drone- Charge 3 Batteries or 2 Batteries and 1 Remote Controller in Sequence: Electronics

It is highly rated, and has a tad more power than the Pro Charger. I have four batteries, so I can charge all at once, three with this and one with the stock charger.

9. alokbhargava

Yes both the Chargers can charge your batteries as batteries for adv and pro are the same.

lotusteve likes this.
  10. lotusteve

Thanks for the info I will now purchase a P3P charger.

11. oakmeadows1963

Good choice you can't go wrong with the proper charger for your dji. At least you know that it's doing its job unlike the cheaper Chinese copies that put in inferior components just waiting to over charge your lipo or even worse causing a small fire due to bad wiring , cheapest isn't always best . As you can read some people say I talk rubbish well let them take the chance and when there's a problem they can blame everyone else.

12. oakmeadows1963

Just to add a note to prove my point just follow the eBay link that was posted and check out the sellers feedback also look at his negative feedback ,, yep he's really selling top quality stuff ( not ) but then again it is cheaper

13. rv13

14. Moose408

Just wanted to clarify that this is not a charger and does not charge them all at the same time. It is like the DJI multicharger, it allows you to connect multiple batteries to your existing charger and then it will charge the battery that is most discharged. This is convenient but does not address the OP's question.

15. With The Birds

There is nothing special about the DJI charger, its a 17.4 v DC powerpack. The important charge and balancing smarts are all inside the battery with protection circuits.