Pro allows pictures to be taken while video is recording!!!

One feature that I have been waiting for a long time.

That's awesome. DJI is really crushing it lately. There are a number of really good multi-rotor manufacturers out there now, but DJI continues to crank out new technology while keeping the price points competitive. They keep pushing the competition which is always a good thing. Impressive...

-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod
...interesting, does anyone know if it switches to faster shutter speed for stills or does it stay locked at the video settings?
Good question! That's the biggest disadvantage of extracted stills from 24fps 4K video at a cinematic 1/50 second---that shutter speed is too slow for sharp still images. To extract sharp still frames, you have to live with jittery video at much faster shutter speeds.

Reactions: dtviewer
One of the new phantoms best selling points IMO.
I dont think so cause the pic will be at the res you're recording so most people and most of the time youll continue to take pic separately as done with actual phatoms to take all the advantages of the 20mbits sensor.

I dont think so cause the pic will be at the res you're recording so most people and most of the time youll continue to take pic separately as done with actual phatoms to take all the advantages of the 20mbits sensor.
While I agree with your analysis, you are assuming the answer to the question posed above is that the still photo will be at the video settings. It likely is, but that is the whole point of this thread! Is it at the same settings? That is the real question, which has yet to be answered definitively.

I think the fact it uses a mechanical shutter for stills leads me to believe you will be able to set shutter speed separate from video settings.

I think the fact it uses a mechanical shutter for stills leads me to believe you will be able to set shutter speed separate from video settings.
How could it do both simultaneously, though? Best part, though, is that the video FPV feed shouldn't be lost during the still capture, like it is now!

I would blown away if it can capture a 20mp still while while capturing 1080 video, with no glitches in the video capture. I just don't think it's possible.

My Yuneec Q500+ would capture photos while shooting video, but it was only a low res frame capture of the video.

I would blown away if it can capture a 20mp still while while capturing 1080 video, with no glitches in the video capture. I just don't think it's possible.

My Yuneec Q500+ would capture photos while shooting video, but it was only a low res frame capture of the video.
Yeah, I'm a little skeptical of this undocumented feature, too! I can already extract out 6MB still frames in post from the 4K video at 24fps, which is what I am currently doing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31