Pro/advanced remote on standard?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a complete noob for drones, but been in video production for several years. Anyway, I decided to start off with the P3 Standard. I'm wondering if the pro/advanced remote will work with the standard, if I wanted to upgrade? And is it worth it? Of course, the main reason I'm interested is for the increased range. Also, would the remote alone extend the range, or is that partially in the drone?

Thanks for the help! I'm excited to join the pilot community!

Welcome to the forum Steve.
No it will not work and if you think you Will want more distance then you might be better off getting one of the other 2 .

Those models have different video transmission systems. The P3S uses Wi-Fi and the P3A/P3P use Lightbridge. That's why you cannot just swap them out.

Reactions: Roverggm
Those models have different video transmission systems. The P3S uses Wi-Fi and the P3A/P3P use Lightbridge. That's why you cannot just swap them out.
Oh, that's interesting. So would the remote physically control the flight of the machine? Not that I would want to go that route, just out of curiosity.

So would the remote physically control the flight of the machine?
Both remote controllers control the flight of the machine via a radio signal.

Understood. What do you know about the range extenders available? Such as the one at Dron World? Worth it, or better to upgrade?

Personally, I would get a P3A (or P3P). I don't like to fiddle with a bunch of extra gadgets.

Reactions: Roverggm
Final question. Is the radio signal the same on all remotes? I ask because I worry about sight range. I live across from a large field and can see pretty far. Even if I lost the video feed, would I be at risk of a fly away, or are the radio signals generally pretty strong?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan