Pro 4 Arriving tomorrow....starter tips?

Reaction score
Finally decided after much research and extending my budget to get the Phantom 4 Pro - mainly down to been a photographer and wanting good quality images, i understand the P$ is good but this is bit better and you can change the aperture. Will be looking at using it for commercial use in the summer once all CAA stuff is sorted to make some extra money part time.

Has anyone got any links to forums with starter tips for using these drones, i.e. firware update before first use, compass settings? I've flown the P3 a good few times last year but by no means an expert flyer.......yet!

Don't fly inside.
Make sure gimbal cover is off before start up
Charge battery to at least 75%
<---Update--->

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: FishGeek
Flying on a partially charged battery is not a great idea -- even more so for a first flight.

I would suggest that you read the manual now online and the Quickstart also and watch as many to tutorials as you can on YouTube. Take it very easy at first for the first few flights in a very large an open space. Don't even attempt to fly it inside unless you're in a gym. Also if you are in the US immediately registered with the FAA for five dollars otherwise you could get an $1800 fine. Try using tripod mode immediately as it will slow down the responses until you get used to the controls. And always follow msinger's advice no matter what.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Appreciate the comments people, wouldnt think of flying on a half charged battery or even 75% haha. Will get reading the online manual today, going to do my first flight in a big open field and take it very very easy.

When I first flew my £65 drone last year i was nervous never mind the P4P :eek:

Appreciate the comments people, wouldnt think of flying on a half charged battery or even 75% haha. Will get reading the online manual today, going to do my first flight in a big open field and take it very very easy.

When I first flew my £65 drone last year i was nervous never mind the P4P :eek:

First thing to do is to test the image quality. I had bad experience with 2 P4P's last 10 days. Excellent centre sharpness but very blurry edges, really very bad. Now returning my second one.

First thing to do is to test the image quality. I had bad experience with 2 P4P's last 10 days. Excellent centre sharpness but very blurry edges, really very bad. Now returning my second one.

Oh not good will check that first then hopefully not as been waiting all day for it......hope your next one is fine!

Oh not good will check that first then hopefully not as been waiting all day for it......hope your next one is fine!

Tried 2 samples and scared to try a third. Possibly wait 4 month and hope that quality control is resolved by that time. Might have been a bad production badge

Tried 2 samples and scared to try a third. Possibly wait 4 month and hope that quality control is resolved by that time. Might have been a bad production badge
Yeah think i would be too, where did you order from btw?

Ahh phew, was worried you were going to say dronesdirect which is where mines coming from ha

Let us know what your experience is. As you say there are a lot of good ones around and i do not see many complaints. The 2 bad ones of me come from the same production badge

Let us know what your experience is. As you say there are a lot of good ones around and i do not see many complaints. The 2 bad ones of me come from the same production badge

Got it at the weekend and very happy with how it handles. Doesnt look to have an issue with the sharpness i don't think, what do you make?

Have you got any pics of yours that were blurry just to compare?

full

Reactions: jeffscra
Finally snagged a used P4P from B&H, arriving tomorrow. Thought I might go with Mavic in the future for portability but after seeing the mod's posts and others of new photos and videos the choice was easy. Hopefully this will help me break the flying doldrum I was in for much of 2016.

Got it at the weekend and very happy with how it handles. Doesnt look to have an issue with the sharpness i don't think, what do you make?

Have you got any pics of yours that were blurry just to compare?

full
here is a link with the pictures i have problems with, the voorbeeld pic is not mine and not part of it
https://we.tl/4NAdNCMJLw

Finally snagged a used P4P from B&H, arriving tomorrow. Thought I might go with Mavic in the future for portability but after seeing the mod's posts and others of new photos and videos the choice was easy. Hopefully this will help me break the flying doldrum I was in for much of 2016.

Good choice absolutley love mine - flys sowell and its crazy how it just hovers exactly on the spot. Photo quality is very very good imo for a drone.

Do like the idea of portability with the Mavic but i'd rather have to carry a case/backpack with it in if it means better quality pics/vids.

Good choice absolutley love mine - flys sowell and its crazy how it just hovers exactly on the spot. Photo quality is very very good imo for a drone.

Do like the idea of portability with the Mavic but i'd rather have to carry a case/backpack with it in if it means better quality pics/vids.

We'll see about getting a mavic as well once its widely available and the price comes down a little on B&H used. I wish I was able to order it last Friday so I would have had it today on my day off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie