Private Airport drone distance

Reaction score
Does the 5-mile drone fly distance apply to private airports? I am registered and flying in my subdivision which is 2 miles away from a home air park. These planes never fly over my subdivision. Thank you for your replies.

Be sure to check B4UFly to see what they're reporting. Do you know what class airspace it is, and I'm asking because if there is another airport nearby, that could be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Regardless of any hard requirement I'd look to find the president or other person/ group who is the site rep. Introduce yourself and chat. Consider a letter to establish your habits with them as sort of a 'blanket' notice, etc. if they agree. Once there is an understanding their likely to be very cooperative.
You just might get some rides too!!!

Reactions: Teamfour
For hobbyists, the rules only requires notice to be given. If the unmanned tower has a voicemail or email, this is considered sufficient and "best practice" would be to allow enough time for the airport or tower to respond.

For hobbyists, the rules only requires notice to be given. If the unmanned tower has a voicemail or email, this is considered sufficient and "best practice" would be to allow enough time for the airport or tower to respond.

jopa489, Thank you for your reply. This is a home air park without a tower. I will call one of the members to get an email address that will connect them all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1