Pricing P3P video for a (potential) client

Reaction score
ok guys so an architecture group is doing a new corporative building and I'm planning to show up tomorrow and (try to) sell them a package with video and maybe photo with the P3P.

Being thinking a video of 2 to 3 minutes and 10 edited photos for 275 dls but they have a communications and media department so maybe the're gonna ask for unedited video and photo. Maybe giving them like 8 to 10 minutes of raw video and 5 unedited photos for 165 dls

What do you think? Too much? Too many things? Any suggestion is welcomed!!!

First and foremost make sure your in compliance with FAA rules and proper license. If your in compliance the sky's the limit IMO

If the FCC catches you then you are in deep ****. You need an FCC 333 exemption to use your drone commercially... Correct me if I am wrong but I would do it I doubt anything will happen if it's a one time thing

If the FCC catches you then you are in deep ****. You need an FCC 333 exemption to use your drone commercially... Correct me if I am wrong but I would do it I doubt anything will happen if it's a one time thing
FAA is the agency you mean to mention.

For the record they haven't really done much in the "enforcement" side of things but that doesn't mean they won't start now.

since he is in Mexico, does the FAA even come into play? I would be more worried of Joaquín Guzmán aka "El Chapo"

Reactions: BigAl07
To actually answer your original question, I'd say you're on the low end of things. I wouldn't do raw media for less than $200, and edited for more like $350.

Reactions: BigAl07
To actually answer your original question, I'd say you're on the low end of things. I wouldn't do raw media for less than $200, and edited for more like $350.
I bet $200 goes further in Mexico than it does here.

Usually 140 USD minimum for a few minutes and raw unedited copy.

As a reference point.......
A reasonable edited residential type real estate shoot( uncomplicated, no long estate flights )and some inside shots like vaulted ceilings and open balcony overlooking down on family area run about 500-750 average depending on market area.

ok guys so an architecture group is doing a new corporative building and I'm planning to show up tomorrow and (try to) sell them a package with video and maybe photo with the P3P.

Being thinking a video of 2 to 3 minutes and 10 edited photos for 275 dls but they have a communications and media department so maybe the're gonna ask for unedited video and photo. Maybe giving them like 8 to 10 minutes of raw video and 5 unedited photos for 165 dls

What do you think? Too much? Too many things? Any suggestion is welcomed!!!
Charge them by the hour plus extra for editing $300 minimum which covers 1 hour and then $300/hr therafter. Then charge a flat fee for editing video and a different flat fee for editing photos.

Similar question, How much would you charge a construction company for basic aerial mapping (using one of the mapping apps for P3A) of a construction site?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can't use a UAS for commercial use unless you have a 333 exemption and meet those requirements.

Check out the last four lines of the guidelines. FAA Giidelines Model aircraft operations are for hobby or recreational purposes only.

The FAA has partnered with several industry associations to promote Know Before You Fly, a campaign to educate the public about using unmanned aircraft safely and responsibly. Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
• Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
• Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
• Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
• Don't fly near people or stadiums
* Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than .55 lbs
• Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft.

The statutory parameters of a model aircraft operation are outlined in Section 336 of Public Law 112-95 (the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012) (PDF). Individuals who fly within the scope of these parameters do not require permission to operate their UAS; any flight outside these parameters (including any non-hobby, non-recreational operation) requires FAA authorization.

For example, using a UAS to take photos for your personal use is recreational; using the same device to take photographs or videos for compensation or sale to another individual would be considered a non-recreational operation.

BIG D FILMS

Last edited:
Love how you guys jump in screaming FAA instead of just answering his question . If you would have read it he is not in the U.S. But go on beat your chest about the FAA :rolleyes:

Similar question, How much would you charge a construction company for basic aerial mapping (using one of the mapping apps for P3A) of a construction site?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Mapping is a whole other ballgame. Unless you are already experienced with it I'd wait before trying to price it. Mapping is a multi-step process and unless you have a VERY fast system the processing time is mind boggling. Of course you can always outsource the processing and save time but this costs more $$.

Do some "Test mapping" on your own property or neighborhood and get a feel for what is required in time and expertise. It's not nearly as easy as Real Estate photography (speaking from experience here).

Love how you guys jump in screaming FAA instead of just answering his question . If you would have read it he is not in the U.S. But go on beat your chest about the FAA :rolleyes:

Amen to that brother!
Mexico does have its own UAS regulations, here is the link. Prices to be charged will be necessarily lower than the US or Canada. I've done real estate jobs in Latin America, and charged $200 for 1/2 hour of filming and they got all the raw footage. For edited video I charge $125/minute. This is for ground or aerial.

Reactions: 750r

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl