Pricing for Vertical Studio

Reaction score
Just received an email from Vertical Studio with a link to their pricing. If I read it correctly you have to pay a monthly fee of $6 for their professional version or a one off $50 for semi-pro. It's free if you just want to auto-track a subject. I'm not affiliated to the company in anyway but would like to see what others think about the price point. Any testers here?

Vertical Studio Pro – Vertical

I'm not a fan of monthly payments any more than I have to. Prefer a one time deal and be done with it. As for the $50 one time fee, I don't really see a big difference in that vs some of the other apps that make me go WOW, I gotta have that...

I have signed up to test VS but I get extremely nervous using a software that isn't DJI...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

No monthly pmt for me either.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Monthy fee - never for me, just tell us what is costs and be done with it.... then if a year or two from now there is a better version I'll but that too.

You meant this?

I guess that "free of charge forever" now turned into "1 month free" or "get the amateur one free forever" (like anybody else).

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 540
Reactions: bLaStErAiD
You meant this?

I guess that "free of charge forever" now turned into "1 month free" or "get the amateur one free forever" (like anybody else).
Yes that is the post, hope we get the pro monthly version free forever, I really like the Vertical app

Reactions: Tommy1980
Neil has priced it a little high for the semi pro and I think the monthly figure is a non starter. I was an early Beta Tester and would have hoped for more than just a month free. In the early stages the testing of it was a little risky and that risk has not been acknowledged.

Neil has priced it a little high for the semi pro and I think the monthly figure is a non starter. I was an early Beta Tester and would have hoped for more than just a month free. In the early stages the testing of it was a little risky and that risk has not been acknowledged.
I became a beta tester right before they finished adding beta testers, but like you said, there is always some kind of risk when you are beta testing anything, specially early on in the beta test phase as you did, but if Neal keeps his word then I don't see why not all beta testers should get free access to the pro version free of charge forever ;)

Once the app becomes a fully fledged ground station app I'd happily pay for the $50 app. As it stands the app is not my 'go to app' . it needs more Litchi style features.

I wish Vertical Studio could have partnered with Litchi to make the visual tracking an extra purchasable feature.

I was pretty sure the Beta testers (I'm one) were only going to get the free app as VS enrolled way too many which made me realise there was going to be a PRO version on it's way.

Reactions: MJB1971
Once the app becomes a fully fledged ground station app I'd happily pay for the $50 app. As it stands the app is not my 'go to app' . it needs more Litchi style features.

I wish Vertical Studio could have partnered with Litchi to make the visual tracking an extra purchasable feature.

I was pretty sure the Beta testers (I'm one) were only going to get the free app as VS enrolled way too many which made me realise there was going to be a PRO version on it's way.
Ditto.

Hi guys,

I just noticed this thread. Apologies for not chiming in here sooner. Let me clarify a few issues you guys have brought up.

1. Pricing: We're currently testing pricing plans that make the most sense, both, for our users and for us, as a business. We're going to design Vertical Studio Pro and the premium features for professionals, who fly frequently and keep the basic features (including tracking) free for all. We will confirm pricing by the end of February.

2. Tracking Performance: We're aware that Visual Tracking isn't the perfect be-all-end-all solution. The quality is dependent on lighting, the background and the computing power in your phone / tablet. But as it stands now, it is the best solution for difficult tracking shots, and we are fanatically committed to building a product that continues to get better and better rapidly.

3. Free App for Beta Users:
@bLaStErAiD and @Tommy1980 and @Ian Welsh. You guys brought up a note from me earlier on the InspirePilots forum mentioning that we will be giving early beta users a free version forever. Some of you have speculated that we are not honoring that statement. I want to confirm with you all that we do appreciate the amount of effort some of you have put into giving us valuable feedback and the risk you have taken with flying VS at an early stage in our development. We'd like to thank you all for that.

Here's how we plan to move forward. When Vertical Studio launches out of beta, we will be launching two parallel apps - Vertical Studio (the public version) and Vertical Studio Beta (the private beta version).

The current beta app you have installed will convert to the public version of Vertical Studio. However, we will privately send out install instructions to our current beta testers for the new Vertical Studio Beta - which will be a completely free version with all the features in Vertical Studio Professional. The idea is that this version will always be at the bleeding edge of our product development and you guys will have the opportunity to try all our new features earlier than release for as long as you choose to stay in the beta program.

Our initial beta program got over 2000 signups and we allowed a large number of users to try VS without a many expectations on feedback and testing. Still, we're really humbled that so many of you took the time to give us such incredible feedback. The next Beta program is going to be a little more selective. We're going to send out the next batch of permanent beta invites to our current beta users that have given us any sort of feedback on Vertical Studio, either here, on our forum, on youtube or via email. We will also be sending out guidelines for membership in the permanent beta program. We appreciate all your efforts and we'd like you guys to be a part of the Vertical Community for years to come.

I hope this clarifies your issues and we're really excited to work with you all as we grow. If you have any questions - please let me know at [email protected].

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic