Pricing for a "typical" real estate shoot

Reaction score
A "typical" real estate shoot for me includes:

- Exterior only
- About 20 edited still photos
- A 2-3 edited video with music

And I charge $450 for this package. What do you charge and what is your typical package?

Most real estate listings have a limit on photos, usually about 25 including interior. The realtor still needs the interior photos/video.
With that in mind, my typical package is $200 + travel for 10-12 edited aerial photos and a 1-2 minute edited aerial video with no music.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hello
I've not done real estate, but have done some aerials for a pool company ( mostly unplanned ) they supplied the SD card, no editing, only take the shots and video they decide ( on site ) I charged $150 per battery ( so if I put battery 2 in , and only take 1 shot ( $150 ) or burn it out ( $150 ) was doing it for free, until they started USING ( abusing my kindness )me, so now they pay. So you seem to be on the right track, with your time editing, ect. Maybe a bit low ( depending how in depth you go with it ) my mother trains people on the computer ( accounting types of software ( quick books, stuff like that ) she charges $300 per hour. So that being said, your time on your PC almost outweighs your flight time.( speaking money ) But honestly, I ( personally ) would find your pricing for that package, very attractive!

If you ever decide to post any of your work, or have already, I'd be interested to check it out, as I was asked to do that once ( before I was really good at orientation flying ) so I turned it down, but have always thought, what it would have been like? What kind of shots, ect. ( just personal knowledge really ) but good show! Take care, Fly safe!

J Dot
:cool:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I did this shoot with a Phantom 2 Vision + and edited in Microsoft Movie Maker back in 2015. It gives a basic idea of what a video that actually sold looks like. I now use a P3 Advanced that is much better for panning and yawing shots. The property sold in a week. Price- $1,000,000 U.S.

441 Wedge Dr John R Wood.jpg
I actually think I'm underpricing at $450. According to DroneU (a fantastic site by the way) a typical realtor package should be in the $600-$1,000 range and they say that we as an industry shouldn't be devaluing it or doing it for cheap, lest our work becomes a commodity.

But $450 for these deliverables on a $3million home, the realtor got about 15 photos of the quality (attached), and also this edited video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeJack
Where I live the average home is under 300,000. so I'm limited in how many high end homes are needing full packages (video, music, etc.) I am getting a lot more projects doing photos/videos for property development companies.
I would love to charge $1000 for a 20 minute photo shoot with 30 minutes of editing included!
I'd be living in the 3 million dollar home. ;)

I am getting a lot more projects doing photos/videos for property development companies.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is a “property development company”?

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is a “property development company”?
A property development company looks for multi-acre tracts of raw land, hopefully with high density housing allowed- 9 houses per acre, for example. They come in and clear all the trees, survey it, put in the utilities and streets, and at that stage I take pictures of the development.
Then, the development company sells the lots to local home builders. The developments can range in size from as small as 12 houses to as big as several hundred houses.

A "typical" real estate shoot for me includes:

- Exterior only
- About 20 edited still photos
- A 2-3 edited video with music

And I charge $450 for this package. What do you charge and what is your typical package?
Where are u located. This seems expensive for the area I am in Florida, North West of Miami. What is the approximate price of the house which you charge $450? Like to know, I guess I am charging too low.

I live in Phoenix. We have a class B airport, several class D airports, and heliports everywhere. I am taking my part 107 test tomorrow and want to start flying commercially (real estate, constuction, film). Question... how do you all deal with jobs that are located in controlled airspace? Do you apply for waivers for each job individually? How long does the process take?

I have been thinking about trying to start something on the side like this and as the crappy houses around here sell for over a million and the nice ones...well...that fact that anyone can afford $50k a month just in property taxes is completely beyond me

oprah-winfrey-house-montecito-oprah-winfrey-house-in-chicago-f91e42c728740ae2.jpg

anyways, I figured I could make a little side money while flying around....I have talked with a few agents none of which seem to be too interested

Around here, Canada, quite a few agents are doing the shooting themselves & hire out to other realtors, but, only in their own company.
Agents with a P3A for instance, use the Drone as a tool to get the listing
Only one, out of dozens I have spoken to have the qualifications, like the Wild West here, for now anyway.
I mentioned this before, A property management/developer approached me about doing tract of land videos. Before land is touched by machinery, during the development/building & final shoots of completed development.
I did some "before" but once the laws came in to effect, with no 107 , liability insurance, I begged off.
But, I know the fellow that took over the project is working for cash,

This house was about $3.5 million
Now, it makes sense. The houses I have done are $450-600K. So the realtor will not pay you more than $180 for 6-8 HD pictures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers