Price reduction in phantom 4

Reaction score
Well, guess this marks the end for some competitors, and also the imminent arrival of a new model in few months, maybe as early as December.

2c09995349d33a6b86f6a82e674655f6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: scootrkitz
Got mine today! Competition is on Karma is soon to release plus Yuneec Typhoon H also recently released.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I saw the same thing on the B&H Photo site yesterday. Now it begins-everyone that bought a P4 (before yesterday) now knows what I felt like when I bought my P3A for $999, only to see it drop $200 in price a few months later!

I bought my P4 1 week ago for 1399! Now the price drop!
I even asked at the store if a sale was upcoming. The answer was no.

I just contacted DJI to see what they feel about this.

I saw the same thing on the B&H Photo site yesterday. Now it begins-everyone that bought a P4 (before yesterday) now knows what I felt like when I bought my P3A for $999, only to see it drop $200 in price a few months later!
A few months later? That's expected friend :) I too had the bad luck of purchasing 1 week before $150 slash. But what are you gonna do? :(

But out of curiosity, how long after Advanced price cut until Phantom 4 was released?

I bought mine at Best Buy 13 days ago for $1,399 and had to do a few in-store exchanges to get a good one.

Luckily, Best Buy has a 15 day "Money Back and Exchange" window that I may take use of. Maybe get a spare battery and a movie for the $200 difference if I can get them to honor their "If we lower our in-store online price during the return and exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request." Some places are not bound to do this; e.g. My local hobby shop who will not exchange anything, even defective, and offers their "Take it up with the manufacturer." as a warranty.

Don't want to give BB back my good one for maybe another couple of bad ones on an exchange to get the lower price. Had enough of that beta P4 buying experience. We'll see...

Added a few hours later:

Best Buy gave me back a $215 credit on the price difference as I was under the 15 day window. Same return girl working the counter and zero issues. Bought a spare battery and other some stuff.

Mack

Last edited:
Or you can pay the original $1399 but you get 2 extra batteries and a charging dock!! I got a decent deal through Massdrop but this is better. :-/

You people need to go on amazon before or when ur at the stores so they can price match.
I bought my P3P for $499.00 plus they gave me a set of propeller guards, a 32GB mem card, and a set of propellers.
BESTBUY FTW!!

Not bad. I'm also seeing some on Amazon for $895. I'm sure this price will continue to drop once the P5 has been released.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROD PAINTER

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20