Price drop Phantom2 vision plus

UrAwFuL said:
Price drop seems imminent.

According to a recent Facebook post, they've replaced the metal mount of the gimbal with plastic. :?

Fact or Myth?

10703888_10154639867620193_9202959469884394576_n.jpg

Also reported were "shiner" motors, probably different material?

10653758_10154639882490193_9067090054477011874_n.jpg

And where can we fount that plastic mount? It helps in what? Get rid of tiny vibrations?

It's probably because it's not selling that well. The original Phantom 2 with the 2.4Ghz and support for 3D Gimble and FPV transmission seems to be the preferred choice due to the reports of the Vision+ camera/gimbal system crashing and burning on the slightest Pilot error and DJI not replacing it for free.

The Phantom 3 will likely be a 6 or 8 rotor platform and will be more expensive, and will not replace the Phantom 2, but supplement the product line. With all the money the Phantom 2 is making (non-vision), and more accessories to capitalize on, it makes no sense for DJI to abandon the P2 just yet.

P2 is the first/last Phantom for me.

It was a great 'gateway to awesome' but from now on it's component builds for me.

Why would DJI have a 5 , 6 , 8 rotor phantom 3 ? They already have these in other models. I for one think the phantom is a great size.
It's ideal for transporting , backpacks etc. I would just be happy if they fixed some of their current problems.

2kvfr800 said:
I hope they are coming out with a new model, I am debating buying a phantom 2 because i want to use a GoPro. The vision and vision+ are great, but the fact you can't swap out the camera is a big downside, for me at least.
Does anyone know of a way to get the software of the phantom 2 vision+ ( airport warnings.. ect) on a phantom 2? It should be possible as is should be only software..I want all the functions of a vision+ but don't want to use their camera.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIY7M8lD6CM[/youtube]

You were saying?

N017RW said:
P2 is the first/last Phantom for me.

It was a great 'gateway to awesome' but from now on it's component builds for me.

Same here.. Still paying mines off! :lol:

I have the compulsion to stick with the "latest" generation, but I think the P2 is good enough for me. :lol:

chagalj said:
2kvfr800 said:
I hope they are coming out with a new model, I am debating buying a phantom 2 because i want to use a GoPro. The vision and vision+ are great, but the fact you can't swap out the camera is a big downside, for me at least.
Does anyone know of a way to get the software of the phantom 2 vision+ ( airport warnings.. ect) on a phantom 2? It should be possible as is should be only software..I want all the functions of a vision+ but don't want to use their camera.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIY7M8lD6CM[/youtube]

You were saying?

CANNOT wait for this!!!!! Hope they finalize this soon!

I have just had my + for less than a week, that $140 price drop really hurts, I got mine through DDR via Amazon too.

TomWolves said:
From the dealer ; "Tom,Not sure on the exact reason why on the price decrease.  DJI notified us this morning of the new pricing.  The memo says because of the large number of units sales it is able to have lower cost for production and they want to pass that on to the end user etc.", so that is what was said to me in a reply.

I suspect DJI practices minimum advertised pricing policy where dealers won't get any stock if they post a price outside the range. That's why you sometimes see Best Offer buttons. The deal can't advertise a lower price but can sell lower if they keep it quiet.

It's a way of getting around laws against price-fixing.

maximusa said:
The Phantom 3 will likely be a 6 or 8 rotor platform and will be more expensive, and will not replace the Phantom 2, but supplement the product line. With all the money the Phantom 2 is making (non-vision), and more accessories to capitalize on, it makes no sense for DJI to abandon the P2 just yet.

+1

dji is doing the right thing as i believe they are in for the long haul and they are learnng from mistakes. i personally don't think there is going to be a new version this year. i would not mind be wrong, but I think the platform works. they should and this could hapoen soon upgrade the gimbal on the vision+ to better, stronger materials

I told you there was going to be a drop in price! But whether you paid 1,369.00 or 1,229.00 you bought a fun flying machine, I would buy one at either price.Happy flying to all!!!! :)

DBS said:
Leaked photo of the new Phantom 2 Vision Mega....

10600463_735689293146028_480420976145054169_n.jpg

:D Think I will order the Phantom 2 Vision Mega Plus with the pilot harness. Great FPV.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj