price difference, i dont get it

Reaction score
..I think it's closer to $420 for a NAZA v2.

But obviously, DJI makes big profit off of it.
as they seem to have no problem at all bundling it with a Zenmuse and selling that package for $699
or as you point out, inside the newer Phantom's. (which used to be $250+ more as well)

in this case im going to buy phantom version 1.1.1 then remove the flight controller and sell the rest of the parts in ebay lol .

zx101 said:
in this case im going to buy phantom version 1.1.1 then remove the flight controller and sell the rest of the parts in ebay lol .

Good plan, although can you use the V1 GPS with the V2 IMU?

Remember you wont end up with a proper GPS puck - just the unenclosed GPS and separate compass.

martcerv said:
You may be better of getting this package linked below, this will give you the NAZA v2 with all extras and GPS including the zen h3 2d gimbal for $699. If you dont want the gimbal you could sell that and it will make your NAZAv2 package much less then $400 if you sell the zenmuse. ;)

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/ ... combo-deal

I agree. I'll split the package with you. $350 for the zenmuse.

The price difference is not about DJI making money. The Phantom is fully integrated with the shell serving as the electronics protection, that is why it is cheap when compared to the stand alone Naza. The Phantom has a Naza 2 as the brains but everything else is much bare electronics and can only be laid out in one way. The stand alone Naza that you see for $439 is everything that is inside the Phantom flight controller wise but has been broken out into protected component parts for customizable integration into open air frames like the F450 and F550.

The Phantom's ESCs are bare electronics with no protection. An F450/F550 has a wrapping that protects them from moisture and shock. When you look at the Phantom, the compass on the leg is linked via wire to the GPS in the top of the shell. The stand alone Naza has a GPS puck with an integrated compass with a can bus cable. It would be a challenge to engineer an F450/F550 to integrate the Phantom's GPS and compass. The LED in the Phantom is just a light with an LED port that is connected via a servo cable to the Naza. The stand alone Naza LED actually has a shell around it and connects to the Naza; again the connection is via a plastic coated can bus cable.

It is possible to do a conversion of a Phantom to an F450/F550 frame but you are much better off buying an ARF and selling the complete Phantom.

rilot said:
zx101 said:

Good plan, although can you use the V1 GPS with the V2 IMU?

good point sir.. i haven't buy it yet. thanks for the heads up guys.

miskatonic said:
The price difference is not about DJI making money. The Phantom is fully integrated with the shell serving as the electronics protection, that is why it is cheap when compared to the stand alone Naza. The Phantom has a Naza 2 as the brains but everything else is much bare electronics and can only be laid out in one way. T

I highly disagree.

The Phantom used to be $679, now it's $479, obviously they were making a nice profit off it before... and are somehow still making a profit.
Zenmuse used to be $699 (or still is),. now they're basically throwing in NAZA V2 with it for the same price, yet they're still priced high individually. that's a red-flag right there that something is off.

I do agree that the Phantom is cheaper overall because the parts are less expensive inside, because they're exposed and such
tho the NAZA v2 is the same.

The NAZA-M Lite with GPS sells for only $220, and is arguably the same/similar technology - and production cost.
So one could definitely conclude that the NAZA v2 is priced on the high side - solely for profit

There is a hardware difference between the Naza lite and the Naza v2. It is nice that the person that posted these pics was able to take apart the GPS for the Naza lite. The Naza v2 does process faster. I would now like to see the inside of the V2 to see if there were any changes.

You have me on the Zenmuse pricing. Though it is very well designed I am not sure why anybody would pay that much for a gimbal.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1900438&page=16

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31