Preview Video

Reaction score
Pretty excited, looks like a big revision to the Phantom 2 Vision. This one adds a three axis brushless gimbal and a new camera. Of course, you'll still get the great live FPV images to your iOS or Android device. Coming this spring for $1299.

https://screen.yahoo.com/dji-phanton-2- ... 3-cbs.html (EDIT: THE VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED)

Attachments

• phantom-2-vision-plus-+.jpg
    phantom-2-vision-plus-+.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 2,340
No, user jaykay2PT posted something that has been going around the web since April 1 (April Fools Joke) - it was a fake press release for the Vision plus that said it shoots 4k video and optionally comes in Pink. It was poorly written, and you could tell it was fake, but now that this video is out, people keep reposting it as the official press release of the Phantom Vision+. The real press release will come out on Monday, April 7th.

Adam said:
Pretty excited, looks like a big revision to the Phantom 2 Vision. This one adds a three axis brushless gimbal and a new camera. Of course, you'll still get the great live FPV images to your iOS or Android device. Coming this spring for $1299.

https://screen.yahoo.com/dji-phanton-2- ... 3-cbs.html

Well it looks like that all videos have been pulled from the web..... The C-Net one was the most interesting one. If it was a hoax we will see what will happen in next 48 hours. I had played with the idea to go to Las Vegas... but change my plans last minute. :shock:

Here is what I found on a German forum, looks like it came from here.

Have look at the bottom the price is about the same as the current VP2..... :lol:

DJI releases Phantom 2 Vision Plus, your flying camera!

Today DJI announces the availability of their upgrade to their popular “Flying Camera”. The new “Phantom 2 Vision Plus” will retain many of the features of the popular “Phantom 2 Vision” and add many new features not seen before.

The “Phantom 2 Vision Plus” Quadcopter with Integrated FPV Camera and stablizer is the third generation of quad-rotor RC helicopter from DJI and features their own 24 megapixel wireless HD FPV camera, giving you first-person view (FPV) experience right out of the box. With a larger battery and improved prop design, flying time lasts to up to 25 minutes, compared to around 14 minutes on the original DJI Phantom Quadcopter. This product will appeal to a variety of potential users, from RC aircraft hobbyists who want to record their flights to videographers and photographers looking to open up a whole new range of shooting possibilities.

Included with the Quadcopter is a 5.8GHz wireless controller (TX) that has an operational range approaching 1000 feet (300 m) line-of-sight. The camera is controlled via 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi using an app available for iOS and Android devices. Using the supplied mount, you can attach your smartphone directly to the controller, giving you a "heads up" display directly from the camera's point-of-view with only 1/10 of a second latency. From the app you will also be able to start and stop video recording, take a snapshot and even tilt the camera up or down.

Because of the complexity associated with multi-rotor aircraft the Phantom Vision 2 Plus relies on a GPS-based navigation system to maintain flight stability and provide other features. While fully manual operation is possible, most users, especially videographers hoping to get the smoothest possible shoots, will opt for GPS Flight Mode. GPS Mode is an autopilot system that keeps the Quadcopter stable and right-side-up when moving, and holds it in a fixed horizontal and vertical position whenever you release the controls.

New for this model, the Phantom 2 Plus features a 5200 mAh battery system that has been simplified from the previous version. The battery now slots in and provides LED indicators on outside, tail-end of the aircraft so they can be seen in flight. Charging is also simplified, with all of the charging circuitry built into the battery itself. You simply need to plug it into the wall with the supplied universal AC adapter.

The Phantom 2 Vision Plus includes a Wi-Fi Range extender that will increase the wireless range of the smartphone used for FPV camera operation up to 984' line-of-sight. The range extender mounts on the Radio Controller along with the smartphone. The newly designed range extender has an externally mounted antenna so you can use your own antennae if needed.

Ready-to-Fly Design
Those used to other RC aircraft will note the Phantom 2 Plus requires only basic assembly using a screw driver and supplied wrench. You will just need to attach the rotors, skids, and a few other small parts. Once assembled you will need to follow a few calibration steps to ensure correct operation of the GPS autopilot system and gimbal. After that you'll just need to let the IMU inside the Quadcopter warm up to its correct operational temperature and you'll be ready to fly.

Integrated 24 MP HD FPV Camera with HD-3D stabilizer
The Phantom 2 Vision Plus features a newly redesigned 24 MP Micro four-thirds based FPV camera specially designed for use with the Quadcopter. The camera can record photos in .jpg or .dng format. Burst mode will accommodate 60 photos per minute in .jpg format or 15 photos per minute in .dng format. In addition to photos, the camera can record 1920 x 1080 (True HD) resolution video at 120 fps or 3840 x 2160 (4K) video at 30 fps.. The camera is controlled wirelessly via WiFi using an app available for smartphones with Android or iOS. Internal recording is to a MicroSD/ SDHC card up to 64 GB. To stabilize photos and videos, the camera is mounted onto DJI’s HD-3D 3-axis gimbal which stabilizes the camera from the motions of the Phantom 2 Vision Plus.

Attitude and GPS Flight Modes
The Phantom 2 Vision Plus has two GPS-assisted flight modes for you to choose from. Of the two, GPS Mode is the most automatic. In GPS Mode the Quadcopter will stop as soon as you release the controls and stay hovering at a fixed horizontal and vertical position. This setting is the easiest to fly and is generally preferred for shooting video as the Quadcopter won't sway or drift because of light wind gusts.

GPS Attitude Mode, or Attitude Mode, is a more manual flying mode in which the Phantom Vision Plus does not try and maintain a fixed spatial position. When you release the controls it will continue to drift unless friction slows it down or you stop it. And in this mode it will be more likely to be blown around if there is any wind. This not a true manual mode, however, in that the GPS navigation system is still used to maintain flight stability and by the "return to home" feature in the event of signal loss.

Return to Home Failsafe
If the Quadcopter loses the signal from the controller for any reason the "return to home" feature will initialize. The aircraft will ascend to 60 feet then make a straight-line course back to the "home position" you will have defined during the GPS calibration process. Once there, it will safely descend to the ground and power itself off.

Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
IOC is designed to help make flying more intuitive. Nominally, the yaw control will allow the Quadcopter to rotate continuously, which can quickly become confusing if you lose track of which way is "front". Suddenly your controls can get mixed up, where pressing right causes the craft to move left and pressing forward causes it move backward. Intelligent Orientation Control prevents this from happening, keeping the "tail" of the Quadcopter pointed roughly toward the pilot at all times.

DJI Vision iOS and Android App
The DJI Vision App for iOS and Android smartphones provides many functions apart from just FPV monitoring, such as telemetry of vital flight stats including remaining battery and number of GPS satellites and a radar scope to help avoid collisions. It also features full camera control, letting you set parameters such as camera tilt, ISO, Shutter Speed, White balance as well as set video start/stop and take photos. Once recorded, photos and video footage can be downloaded directly to the phone allowing them to be shared on Facebook, Instagram or other social media networks, even while the Quadcopter is still in the air. Waypoints can also be programmed via a smartphone and the Phantom 2 Vision Plus will fly to them automatically.

Assistant Software
Windows- and OSX-based software allows you to enable Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC), update firmware, and adjust other aircraft and transmitter parameters. In addition, the software allows you to unlock the manual flying mode. Manual Mode will override all autopilot redundancy and failsafes, therefore should only be engaged by experienced pilots

Slot-In Battery with LED Status Indicators
A 5200 mAh battery slots into the "tail" of the Phantom 2 Vision Plus and enables up to 25 minutes of flying time. It features an on/off switch and four LED charge indicators that are visible while flying so you can keep track of remaining flight time. For recharging, balance and power regulation is handled internally within the battery itself. You simply plug it into a wall outlet with the supplied power cord and you are good to go.

Included Remote Control Unit
The Phantom Vision features an included 5.8GHz RF remote transmitter, with dual toggle joystick controls similar to the kind found on other multi-rotor RC aircraft. The left stick controls throttle (up/down) and yaw (essentially rotation). And the right stick controls roll (side-to-side tilt) and pitch (tilting the nose up or down). A switch on the top right lets you choose between Attitude and GPS flight modes and a similar switch on the left lets you select between IOC modes. The control unit also features a detachable mount for holding your smartphone.

LED Status Indicator
LED status light on the rear struts of the Phantom 2 Vision Plus provide you with various feedback as well as warnings. Colors alternate between green, amber and red and can either be flashing or solid. These messages give you valuable information such as whether the GPS system is properly calibrated, warning you the battery is getting low or telling you the remote's signal is out of range.

Self-Tightening Rotor
The Phantom 2 Vision Plus features a rotor design that is new for this model. There is no longer a separate prop nut and the threading is designed to be self-tightening, so there is no danger of a loose prop coming off in flight.

Colors
Available in multiple colors (White, Black, Grey, Blue, Red, Pink, Yellow, Green & Orange)

Availability - June 1st 2014 (Pre-orders available immediately)
Pricing - $1199 U.S.

seajunky said:
Fantastic, Best April fool ever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually there were other Phantom Vision April fools jokes. But the P2V+ that you see pictured is apparently the real thing and not the April fool. Million dollar question though is what will the specs be of the Camera and Wifi Capability. Will it be the same as the regular P2V or will it be up speced? In the end all we may be getting with the P2V+ over the P2V is the 3 axis gimbal with no improvements in Wifi Range or Video quality. Time will tell when the official release announcement is made next week.

SFOPhantom said:
Colors
Available in multiple colors (White, Black, Grey, Blue, Red, Pink, Yellow, Green & Orange)

Do some research and in the meantime delete your post which is clearly rubbish... :oops:

P2V+ On Amazon !!

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ now available for pre-order on Amazon. Sold and fulfilled by Amazon.

I see it's listed on Amazon at $1999 - seems a bit high. Didn't the cnet video say the expected 1300 range?

Looks like the Android app. just got an update,
now it mentions phantom 2 vision +,
the battery level indicator for the remote extender is progress!

What's New

Version 1.0.39:
1. Support for PHANTOM 2 Vision+.
2. Added display of the battery level of the remote extender.
3. Added support for renaming of the SSID of the remote extender and binding by manually input of the MAC of the camera.
4. Changed the display style of the attitude ball to make it easier to know the current status of the quadcopter.
5. Added support for flight limitation in no-fly zone.

just done the update on my Nexus 7 2013, there is now a heading in settings called "FPV Mode"
that says

"When First Person View (FPV) mode is enabled, the gimbal will move with the aircraft
to offer a more realistic FPV experience.

With FPV mode disabled, the gimbal will stabilize the camera for smooth video.
This mode is only available on the Phantom 2 Vision+"

jaykay2PT said:

What's New

Version 1.0.39:
3. Added support for renaming of the SSID of the remote extender and binding by manually input of the MAC of the camera.
4. Changed the display style of the attitude ball to make it easier to know the current status of the quadcopter.

just done the update on my Nexus 7 2013, there is now a heading in settings called "FPV Mode"
that says

"When First Person View (FPV) mode is enabled, the gimbal will move with the aircraft

Very cool that you can turn the gimbal off for FPV mode, and then enable it when needed.

Wonder if any of the components can be retrofitted to a Vision? Seems like the wi-fi extender, camera, and gimbal could be put on a Vision platform, in theory.

Adam said:
jaykay2PT said:

What's New

Version 1.0.39:

that says

Very cool that you can turn the gimbal off for FPV mode, and then enable it when needed.

Has anyone else actually flown with this update yet? I just came back from a flight after the install and I had to back my preview off from 640x480 @15fps to 320x240 @15fps. The Nexus 7 could not keep up with the vid. I couldn't see what was going on in FPV. I'll do some more testing this afternoon, but I've never had that happen before and I'm pretty sure it's the app.

-slinger

Couple things. We should know all the details on Monday morning. CNET/Yahoo has previously posted a video that they have since removed. I have a feeling that DJI let people do early reviews of it and then Yahoo failed to keep the video off their site until the embargo date, which is most likely Monday morning (when the NAB Las Vegas Show starts for exhibits, DJI will have a booth there showing off the Phantom 2 Vision+, and the H3-3D Gimbal.)

Price? CNET/Yahoo said $1300, and Amazon has a preorder listing for $1999.00. $1999 seems far fetched, and I tend it to think it will be more in the $1300-$1500 range. We should know Monday 4/7. Just because Amazon has a placeholder for $2000, does not mean it will cost $2000.

I keep having to remove the false press release but I guess I'm going to give up. There was a fake press release issued on April 1 by someone on another forum, claiming to have details of the new Vision+. It was just an April Fools Joke, and stated the Vision+ will have a 4K camera and come in pink, among other poorly written details.

The CNET/Yahoo! video, however, was NOT fake. It was taken down because it was released too early, before the official DJI embargo date.

You can buy it on DJI's website for $1299.00

Adam said:
Couple things. We should know all the details on Monday morning. CNET/Yahoo has previously posted a video that they have since removed. I have a feeling that DJI let people do early reviews of it and then Yahoo failed to keep the video off their site until the embargo date, which is most likely Monday morning (when the NAB Las Vegas Show starts for exhibits, DJI will have a booth there showing off the Phantom 2 Vision+, and the H3-3D Gimbal.)

Price? CNET/Yahoo said $1300, and Amazon has a preorder listing for $1999.00. $1999 seems far fetched, and I tend it to think it will be more in the $1300-$1500 range. We should know Monday 4/7. Just because Amazon has a placeholder for $2000, does not mean it will cost $2000.

I keep having to remove the false press release but I guess I'm going to give up. There was a fake press release issued on April 1 by someone on another forum, claiming to have details of the new Vision+. It was just an April Fools Joke, and stated the Vision+ will have a 4K camera and come in pink, among other poorly written details.

The CNET/Yahoo! video, however, was NOT fake. It was taken down because it was released too early, before the official DJI embargo date.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj