Preview mission in Litchi

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if there are future plans for a mission to be created and previewed and fine tuned before doing the mission for real. It's the one thing that is mission from Litchi that is found on other apps but like a lot of others users here, I like Litchi.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well you can plan the route on google earth, and play around with all the settings. Set the route relative to ground level,then export file to Litchi and tweak the waypoints in the mission hub.
You are probably asking for something else,but this is a fun way to plan your mission,but do not totally trust the altitude in google earth.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I was thinking more on reviewing the mission on the Litchi app. I also have the Autopilot app and you are able to fly/test the mission in the app to see how the drone go and rotate from waypoint to waypoint, it would be a good feature but I still prefer Litchi out of the two.

I also would like for Litchi to be able to do something like this. I have both apps and have used Litchi in a couple of short hop missions just for testing. I found out how useful the Waypoint settings can be, but also how easy it is to forget to enter an altitude or bearing when leaving the Waypoint. I wonder if that might be why DJI is only allowing setting of a future mission Waypoint while in flight. A "filter" of some kind in Litchi which could look at Waypoints in context and flag one that has a zero altitude whilst the adjacent Waypoints do not. Likewise, I probably don't want my P4 to be looking backwards when flying to the next Waypoint, unless I planned it that way.

I plan all my missions on the app. I don't need to run a preview to see how it's going to turn, etc., since that's already shown on Litchi anyway.

I plan all my missions on the app. I don't need to run a preview to see how it's going to turn, etc., since that's already shown on Litchi anyway.

Your missing the point of the thread, if you don't need the functionality then you just don't use it. Others may like to have a preview of a mission and make changed before going out in the field and waste valuable battery time. Other applications have it and is a handy function for many.

Reactions: rene van der meer
Your missing the point of the thread, if you don't need the functionality then you just don't use it. Others may like to have a preview of a mission and make changed before going out in the field and waste valuable battery time. Other applications have it and is a handy function for many.
You might be right. If I saw it in action, I might decide I couldn't do without it. :)

Reactions: rene van der meer
I would love such functionality. It could easily prevent a crash.
I know some people have been using Google Earth trying to achieve a preview, but this is not trivial.

While Litchi will tell you which way the AC is pointed AT each waypoint, it will not show you where the AC is pointed as it flies BETWEEN each waypoint. The preview function in Autopilot lets you watch the AC rotate as it flies between each waypoint. Since Litchi doesn't allow you to modify AC orientation between waypoints, it's not too hard imagine where the bird will be pointed as it flies, so having a preview isn't a big deal (although I'd still love to have it!)

Autopilot lets you set "focus triggers" between waypoints which affect AC orientation. This makes it more difficult to predict exactly where the AC will be pointed as it flies, and so the preview function becomes even more valuable.

I would love such functionality. It could easily prevent a crash.

Unfortunately, the preview in Autopilot won't help you prevent a crash. It's still displaying a 2 dimensional map and only shows the AC's movements in 2 dimensions. The preview gives you no altitude or obstacle avoidance information. It would be very cool if it did!

A "filter" of some kind in Litchi which could look at Waypoints in context and flag one that has a zero altitude whilst the adjacent Waypoints do not.

That might be a good reminder, but it isn't failsafe. The altitude of Litchi waypoints is relative to the home point. I recently did a waypoint mission where I wanted the bird to be 20 feet above ground the entire mission. The ground sloped throughout the mission such that the final waypoint was 26 feet lower than the home point/1st waypoint. so, waypoints 1-4 had positive altitudes (20, 19, 18, and 17 feet respectively), the altitude setting of the final waypoint was -6. So zero altitude, or even sub-zero altitudes can be safe and legit. If a user did a lot of that type of mission, having Litchi constantly bleeting at you would get old real fast. Perhaps if there were an option to turn that warning on and off....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair