Preventative Maintenance checklist ideas

Re: Preventative Maintenance checklists

This is something I purchased to help in detecting bearing wear. Its reasonably priced but super sensitive. I haven't been through any bearing problems yet so I'm still testing it to see how effective it will be....

This is pretty much the same as a trick my auto mechanic grandfather taught me over 40 years ago.
  • remove props, start motors.
  • press a screw driver tip (one with a hard plastic handle) firmly against the outer most part of the housing (this works for pretty much anything that contains something spinning.)
  • press the handle part of the screw driver against your ear tragus so it essential closes the ear opening.
  • compare all four motors. Use the controller to change the RPM of each motor being listened to.
With practice you very quickly learn to pick out sounds. I did mine an hour ago and discovered that one of my motors has a bit of bearing noise. Spinning the motors by hand did not detect anything.

This is an even cheaper solution :)

Can anyone tell me what the cam on function on the camera does? Obviously WiFi on allows me to use the FPV, but when I select cam on, I thought maybe it would just record as I am flying, but it didn't do that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers