Preferred Multi-Battery Charger

Reaction score
Hey guys, as the title says I'm looking for the best multi-battery charger that's out there. I understand that there may be differing opinions, but I did a quick online search and there are a lot to consider. I just want to try to narrow my search.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Geert said:
Hi,

I am using 1 to 3 Parallel Charging Board for Phantom 2 Batteries.
Charge 3 batteries at the same time but it doesn't charge faster than you would charge them 1 by 1.
The advantage is that you don't have to unplug and plug in the next battery if you need to charge several batteries.
This charging board is not expensive.

Geert./.

So all three are hooked up but it still only charges one at at time?

Geert said:
chrispena33 said:
Geert said:
Hi,

Charge 3 batteries at the same time but it doesn't charge faster than you would charge them 1 by 1.
The advantage is that you don't have to unplug and plug in the next battery if you need to charge several batteries.

Geert./.

No, they all charge at the same time.
But if it takes 1 hour to charge 1 battery, then it will take 3 hours to charge 3 batteries at the same time.
It doesn't go faster than charging them one by one. :D

Geert./.
Gotcha. Is that how all these chargers work or do others charge then quicker?

Geert said:
chrispena33 said:
Geert said:
Hi,

Geert./.

No, they all charge at the same time.
But if it takes 1 hour to charge 1 battery, then it will take 3 hours to charge 3 batteries at the same time.
It doesn't go faster than charging them one by one. :D

Geert./.
I must have a problem strip mine only charges 1 at a time and never gets them full I have tried different power supply's with same results . Another member has no problems with his either . I'll have to get another strip to try .

Usually, the higher amperage output of a charger, the faster the charge time. But, unless you have a charger made for charging several batteries at a time, adding the three battery charging strip will not tell the charger that you are charging three batteries. It 'thinks' one battery is being charged, so it limits the amperage to the highest safe level for the battery. I'm assuming you are using the phantom charger.

For my current use, two charged batteries gives me all the flight time I want, at one time. Once I get home, charging one at a time is fine, for me. But, I can see situations where you might want to charge all of your batteries at the same time. Currently, the only option is going to another smart charger as the Phantom charger won't do what you want. Assuming, I understand what you want!!

p.s. To elaborate on the strip that lets you charge three batteries, the current that would normally go into one battery, is going to be divided by three. So, each battery gets a third of the amperage it would have gotten if you charged one at a time. This is assuming all batteries are discharged to the same point. So, three times the time to charge one battey. You gain nothing over charging one at a time, except for having to monitor the charging and putting in another battery.

I'm also using the Smatree charger happily. It seems to charge slightly faster, but the real benefit for me is being able to plug in 3 batteries at once and not having to worry about swapping them out when one is done. I usually charge my batteries overnight, so with the stock charger I'd have to unplug the charged battery and plug in a dead battery. That was annoying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20