Preferred app for long range runs

Awesome, just like a car you can try and stay in economy mode for longest battery life.
How about auto economy mode that does it for us?
Auto economy mode is hard as there are so many factors (such as gust, wind direction, aircraft heading, GPS/Atti mode, etc.) affecting battery consumption. Is there any car with "auto economy mode", but I'm unaware of it?

Auto economy mode is hard as there are so many factors (such as gust, wind direction, aircraft heading, GPS/Atti mode, etc.) affecting battery consumption. Is there any car with "auto economy mode", but I'm unaware of it?

Will there be anything coming for android?

You'll like it. ;)

Wheelie,

To each his own. I like to fly all various ways. Manually in ATTI, GPS assisted and in advanced flight modes. Waypoint flying can be a bit like a cable cam. I can set a particular route and manually manipulate my camera and bird rotation as I go or I can have Litchi do that as well. I like to do a lot of different things. You'd have a hard time doing something like this without waypoint flight modes:

Jerry

Have to say that is one of the most intriguing, imaginative and well planned flight videos I've seen to date! Probably several names would be applicable to the video such as "Four Seasons River" etc.

VERY easy to do. The P3 will take off from wherever you want, go to the 1st waypoint, then go about the rest of the WP. Becareful of trees around flight path. Follow it the 1st time if unsure (as I was) and see what the controls do.

And you still need to manually turn it and adjust the camera. It does not stop at each location, just keeps right on flyin'. ;)

I have an AP for about 6-7months already and isn't that bad,also during the flight video is bad. And I find the interface complicated. Google map is horrible especially when I use iphone ( even 6plus) . Its been already few times trying to use focus mode and can't get that work properly. Waypoints are good, follow me mode is good, zip line good. But after reading this thread I just downloaded Litchi app, and will test it in an hour.

SA,

For me, it's hands down Litchi (Android with a tablet dedicated to flying). I think I've probably tried just about all of them. Flew alphas and betas for many. About 8 months ago I settled in on Litchi and never looked back. For me, it's been the most stable and the interface is very familiar as it's quite similar to DJI Go.

I've done many 6+ mile runs with it using my P3Pro's (no mods other than a windsurfer) and have even done 5+ mile runs with my P2V+v3 (no mods).

Some of the others you mentioned may be much better today then they were when I used or tested them but I grew tired of constantly testing the next best thing.

Litchi continues to advance its product and communicates very effectively. If you have an idea, throw it to them, usually within 24 hours they'll respond. If they like your idea they'll put it on the list. Early on the record button didn't blink or change color. I asked them if they could change the color to red and make it blink. Two days later a new update was out, the record button was red and blinking. If they don't like your idea or if they don't know if they'll implement it, they'll tell you so.

Litchi is comprised of two individuals the last I was aware, I don't know how or when they sleep. They're completely customer driven. I only fly Litchi now. I use DJI Go for some of the settings that Litchi doesn't provide and I'll do test runs with Go when I've done some updating, short of that its all Litchi.

Just my opinions, of course.

Jerry

i have one minor nit to pick in your response... They in my experience do not respond in 24 hours.. My experience has been mostly minutes to several hours! I too wonder when they sleep.

Litchi is simple enough, yet powerful enough to do what I want to do at this point. I am an IOS user.

Reactions: Jtrjr
I have flown almost 180 LITCHI missions with my P3A and most recently P4. I fly almost every evening from the 3rd floor roof deck of my home overlooking the Intercostal Waterway. The sunsets are remarkable. There are vast expanses of marsh on my north and beach to my south...I never get bored with flying here and consequently fly a lot. I run Litchi missions because Litchi flys the bird smoothly at preset altitudes whilst I control the camera and the panning action. It's like having a professional pilot engaged. An intermittent loss of signal is no big deal as the bird keeps flying its prescribed Litchi mission.....no RTH drama....unless you hit the critical 10% low battery threshold...at which time it will probably just try to land. I am always conservative.....my max missions are 14 or less minutes at 30mph. I have had such good experience with Litchi that I have not been motivated to try anything else. I also own most of the other competing apps as well...have given each a cursory look, but never flown them. I am sure some of these other 3rd party products have superior photography capabilities, but for me, Litchi has more than enough capability to keep me engaged....and it has been reliable.....no surprises. Just make darn sure you double check all of your flight plans before setting off. It's easy to add an errant waypoint or negative altitude....either of which could spell CRASH.
Is there a Litchi version for iOS yet?

GO and Litchi get the same distance...at least with my P3s it does.

I must have misunderstood the point of the thread. Autonomous flight to me is not the same as long range flight. I considered it to mean a flight where you control the bird. In that case I would still say DJI Go..is what I prefer. Here is why, it allows you full control of all manual camera controls and settings. It allows you advanced monitoring of the cells on the battery which is critical during long range flights. Click the button get a real time view of the power on each cell. I don't think Litchi gives you any advantage in long range piloted flights.

Now autonomous flights that's another ballgame.. Litchi would be my preference.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
yes i will agree i have done so many long distance flites with the dji go.i am use to using it....my best is 6.5 miles itelite boosted..

"Now autonomous flights that's another ballgame.. Litchi would be my preference."

And the fact that one can use non-OEM batteries. Can't do that with GO. At least, that's why I initially got Litchi.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie