"Precision" water landing

A real kamakazi pilot there.... Now I know what Alka Seltzer feels like...

Not sure what the pilot is laughing about. That Phantom is toast...if not right away, then it will have a greatly shortened life thanks to that dunking.

PF

PhantomFan said:
Not sure what the pilot is laughing about.

When you said that, I thought "Well, sometimes all you can do is laugh..." but I didnt realize that the person laughing - the person who crashed - want even the owner.

I dont want to crash, but if I crash my own, I'll handle it much better than a friend crashing it. If that friend then laughs, he's going right into the drink where the Phantom was.

Re: "Precision" water landing

It was probably his wife subconsciously annoyed at his big Phantom purchase. ;P

PhantomFan said:
Not sure what the pilot is laughing about. That Phantom is toast...if not right away, then it will have a greatly shortened life thanks to that dunking.

PF

The Phantom was stripped down and dried off and has recovered for the moment. How long it will last for after the dunking will be interesting to see. The GoPro2 wasn't in a housing so I was surprised to see anything out of it after the impact.

Just a Note this was my first Phantom flight. I had it in the Air for about 5 mins, checking out the FOV :D
Then I let my mate have a go, and well you know how that ended

This all happened on Saturday, after this I opened it up:

Phantom-Opened.JPG

Let it dry, and put it back together yesterday (Monday) and the Phantom worked and acted well. However the Go Pro has now died. Gonna try and open that up today, see what it looks like on the inside :eek:

!

So it is. I thought it was just a iPhone Life Magazine article, I didn't scroll down to see "Submitted by DRY-ALL."

I had heard for years that it was just a myth, but never did any research. Now that I have done a search, it seems the only sources claiming it is a myth are companies selling drying agents.

Sorry. Carry on. :oops:

I didn't wish to sound rude.

I wanted to read it thru and hear what evidence they got to say what they say, and just like a well scripted TV Infomercial, the deflect the reader when proof is called on!

They never said if the electronics they tested worked for either the rice or dry-all, and the data they did use was the humidity, not the actual moisture on the circuit, and even in the humidity range they did reach, the majority of electronics would still be full functional (depending on its particular use).

As for the rice needing to be heated etc, I don't know anything about that sort of stuff, another common inclusion of an infomercial, is using big "sciencey" words and confuse the audience into think "well they must know their ****" lol

. . .forgive me, I see a lot of daytime television and it drives me mad (infomercials).

If you have any of those moisture absorbers they work better than rice. I keep a large mason jar full of them just for such an incident.

I had a naked gopro on a gimbal go in the ocean. Phantom was fried, but I washed the gopro and gimbal with fresh water, shook out as much as possible and dried it out. Fog in the lens dissipated. Gimbal and gopro work fine now except gopro wifi doesn't work at all. Better than complete loss though!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik