Precision Landing

Reaction score
I drew a circle with an X in it on the street with chalk. I put the P4P in the middle and took off. Went close to a mile and hit RTH. It landed almost directly in the center of the circle. Maybe within a 3 inches of Thank You exact spot. Did this three times with a perfect 3 out of 3. Amazing

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

It really is amazing. The worst I've ever had is a foot or two off, and usually better than that.

It really is amazing. The worst I've ever had is a foot or two off, and usually better than that.
For me it has been off much more with P4P, like 2 meters. Do you have any advices to make it land more accurate?
And typically it says that landing area is not safe. But there has not been any objects within 10 meters.

The expected accuracy of a GPS system should be within 2 ft. This is what we get on most marine,(boat) GPS when navigating to way points. Is there any way to navigate to a specific way point other than the return home way point?

Last edited:
I think precision landing uses VPS cameras looking downwards. It records image at take off and uses this for positioning in landing. My P4p seems to have problems in this.
Chesapeake, you can generate a waypoint mission from GO app. I do not know if it possible to tap a point on a map and make P4 go there?

Do you have any advices to make it land more accurate?
You might try a vision sensor calibration using the DJI Assistant software.

Is there any way to navigate to a specific way point other than the return home way point?
The DJI GO app can navigate to selected waypoints but it's pretty limited in that it must all be set up in real-time (during flight.) But third-party apps such ss Litchi will allow you to set up waypoint missions in advance and then execute them later.

Ever since the firmware update, the precision landing is working. It actually notifies me when it is landing that its using precision landing. I dont know what changed, but working great.

For me it has been off much more with P4P, like 2 meters. Do you have any advices to make it land more accurate?
Make sure that you have the Precision Landing feature enabled in your settings
Screenshot_20170121-071027-M.png

The expected accuracy of a GPS system should be within 2 ft. This is what we get on most marine,(boat) GPS when navigating to way points. Is there any way to navigate to a specific way point other than the return home way point?
Consumer GPS is accurate to about 2 metres most of the time but sometimes a little more.
The precision landing feature goes beyond GPS accuracy.
It takes a photo of the launch spot and uses visual recognition to lock on when it returns.
If you want to navigate to a specific waypoint/s, the best way is to use the Litchi app.

Ever since the firmware update, the precision landing is working. It actually notifies me when it is landing that its using precision landing. I dont know what changed, but working great.
JFattizzi, what firmware versions you are using?
I have precision landing on but do not see indicator of that.
Verical take off to 7 meters or more? have to test that again.

Prerequisite for precision landing is vertical takeoff to at least 7 meters (21ft)

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks. Didn't know that.

The few times that I've tested the RTH to a full landing have always been within a foot of the take off position.

I think I do generally climb higher than 21 feet initially for most flights.

AD

Newbie here with second (day) flight with a P4P now complete. I loaded Litchi today and wanted to try the Precision Landing and am lost with what to select and also do I need to draw an X or is it good enough just to take off? When I switch to the DJI Go 4 app the RTH works fine usually within a foot.

Thanks

I take off and climb to 10 feet. I pause for about 10 seconds and climb to 20' and pause again; then off I go. It'll land smack dab on the same spot I take off from. Nearly perfect. It doesn't land as soft as I land it though. ;)

No, I'm using the Go4 app. I have Litchi but haven't used it. I did a RTH from the controller with auto-land and an Auto RTH by flying too far with auto-land. They both are spot on. I prefer landing manually once it gets in proximity as I am MUCH softer than the auto land. I suppose it's less stress on the legs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers