Pre-Purchase Question.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I am currently shopping for a Phantom DJI drone and will be making a purchase in the next few days. I am currently deciding to get either the Vision or the vision+ is there any major differences? I was also wondering can you still get the live view on the dji app with the vision. Finally as these models have been discounted (will at least thats what it says on the dji website says) would it be worth it to spend some extra money and get the Phantom 3 standard?

Any advice is much appreciated!

I'd advise getting at least the P3 Standard, if not the Advanced, or even the Professional, instead. The quality difference in the video will outlast the few extra coins you spend upfront. All 3 will soon support the IOC modes we have been waiting for. The Lightbridge range of the P3A and P3P exceeds 2 miles! P3 is a major hardware upgrade in every way over the P2. I have a P2V+. I never fly it anymore. The P3P is so much better in every way. :cool:

Last edited:
I agree the P3 is much superior.
but to answer your question, yes you can see the video in real time with the vision.

I have a P1 & FC40 which still have plenty of life left in'em but "if" I were to upgrade I agree with everyone else. I'd go for one of the P3's. I'd probably sell both the P1 and FC40 and use the money to pay down on a P3 if it weren't for the proprietary battery. Speaking for myself, that's a deal breaker. I can't justify paying around $300 just to have a couple of spare batteries. From my experience with PC's I've learned that proprietary anything typically winds up being limiting and restricting. As much as I like DJI, I'm not married to them and when the time comes for me to upgrade if the battery prices haven't come down by then I'll most likely use the experience I've learned from the quads I have to build my own Hex or Oct.

I see this industry shaping up along the same lines that PC's have. In the beginning you really didn't have a choice but to buy a PC from one of the big name builders (at that time) like IBM, TI, Apple or Commodore but as time and the technology evolved it became easier and easier to build your own PC from off the shelf parts and it usually gave you better results. The only 2 PC's I bought from a big name was the TI 99-4a and a Commodore 64. After that I've built every PC I've ever owned. I see drones following a similar path but that's just my humble opinion.:)
BOT

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic