Pre flight question

Reaction score
I am planning a flight and I have a question, I am going to an area of the cost and will take off from the ground but fly over a cliff, its probably 100 feet or more down, what should I expect from the P3P, will it sense that the ground beneath is become lower and report an altitude change ? should I not worry about it ?

see the below video for what I am ask, in the video I did no go past the cliff...

warning the video is boring, Thanks guys

Reactions: ObiDon
The Phantom thinks the takeoff point is at 0 ft. So, if you take off, climb 5 ft, and fly over a cliff, your Phantom will still think it's at 5 ft.

Reactions: Donw35
I am planning a flight and I have a question, I am going to an area of the cost and will take off from the ground but fly over a cliff, its probably 100 feet or more down, what should I expect from the P3P, will it sense that the ground beneath is become lower and report an altitude change ? should I not worry about it ?

see the below video for what I am ask, in the video I did no go past the cliff...

Actually, what your video shows, is that you are taking your time to get to know the Phaantom, before you venture out. Very good idea! If only more potential pilots would respect their bird, there would be less crashed Phantoms for sale on the bay. Looks like a great place to fly! Enjoy.

Last edited:

Also, if you decide to fly off of the cliff and down your app will show a negative altitude.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20