PRE-Balanced Props?

Reaction score
Hey guys, my Phantom landed badly and the props got nicked, I want to get a few xtra ones and was wondering if anyone sell PRE-BALANCED props or is it something you need to do on you own? Where can I buy props for this?

a3buster said:
Hey guys, my Phantom landed badly and the props got nicked, I want to get a few xtra ones and was wondering if anyone sell PRE-BALANCED props or is it something you need to do on you own? Where can I buy props for this?

I saw some pre-balanced wood props being sold with a anti-vibration mount (posted recently).

I'm not sure if the Graupner props being sold by DSLRpros.com need much balancing, but for the price I imagine they should be wel balanced.

and lastly, this place sells replacement props that are relatively inexpensive, but could probably use some balancing
http://www.heli-world.com/SearchResult. ... goryID=892

I bought a cheap balancer (the $4 on on amazon),which is actually pretty easy to use.
.tho kinda wish I had bought the $20 one now, as I can't see myself ever giving up on my newfound hobby.

I bought 4 Graupner e 8x5 props and when I started to balance them, I found out that 2 of them are perfectly balanced and one needed just a slight sanding and the forth is just a little more. I think if you are not filming then it is okay but you may get that infamous jello effect with unbalanced props.

I purposefully have not balanced mine yet ........ Picking up the Go Pro 3 next week, I will add MoonGel to the Go Pro Mount and then balance the props (Du-Bro prop balancer) to see how each step removes the jello from the video!!!!

Other than adding a 250.00 camera gimbal, this seems to be a good first choice..

I will post my results as tested

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers