Practicing in tight spaces, then bees attacked.....

FNG

Reaction score
I was flying around a local park with a buddy of mine yesterday, trying to hone my skills when flying through tight spaces... then I flew above some trees and a swarm of bees attacked my Phantom. I didn't fly close to the tree that they swarmed from, heck, I didn't even realize that it was a swarm of bees until I brought it in to land. (I didn't land because I didn't want to get stung; instead, I flew away from my friend and I until the bees "buzzed off".)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV8-RsVaxFo[/youtube]

Those bees were PISSED! LOL...I would have landed it next to someone else LOL. Ok thats just mean i know...but it would be funny.

Great flying by the way though. nice and smooth and controlled in the tight places. I have tried some tight space flying and i can get through but i tend to get jumpy on the sticks and i know any footage i would have would be unusable or at least very very little of it would be good.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I wonder how many you mulched with the props :D. There have been a few times when I bring it back and I notice some huge blood splatters where I must have hit some giant insect :p What did yours look like??

Reactions: Fran06
Nice shots! I also have this kind of flying but without prop guards in 19 rubber trees.

Cool video...and your flying makes me feel bad about myself! I could never fly through trees like that!

Cool video...and your flying makes me feel bad about myself! I could never fly through trees like that!

I believe everyone can fly it. You need a lot of practice. Take a look at this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic