Practicing in the house

Reaction score
It's cold (6 degress out) and I want to practice my P4 in my basement (9 foot ceilings) unfinished. Are there any settings I should change when flying in the house to avoid a problem like reducing my return to home from 180 feet to 6 feet?

I have a 9 foot ceiling in my basement too and I would not dare attempt to fly my Phantom there.

Reactions: Jerprin
It's cold (6 degress out) and I want to practice my P4 in my basement (9 foot ceilings) unfinished. Are there any settings I should change when flying in the house to avoid a problem like reducing my return to home from 180 feet to 6 feet?
I can understand you wanting to fly your P4 indoors, but take it from these experienced pilots, it's not a good idea even with prop guards. Get your self a cheap micro quad with prop guards and enjoy flying and hitting stuff and doing all over again. If you fly indoors 90% chance you will crash, pull the curtains off the rods then crash, hit your big screen TV and crash, and then tell yourself "that 2 minute flight cost me $1200.00"

Reactions: Samuraiz
Take it from me..don't do it! I have a 12 foot vaulted with plenty of room and it's the only time I have crashed the drone. I put prop guards on too. The drone drifted immediately in to the wall on take off, tilts just enough when it hit to catch the edge of a prop, destroyed two prop guards and two props and luckily landed just perfectly. It also destroyed a bit of the wall. That's the last time my wife will let me do that :) Then I had to wait two days before it stopped raining to see if my drone still worked. It works flawless....but I got lucky.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You're better off using the simulator, you won't learn much flying in your basement other than how much it costs to repair it ;)

We're would one find the Simulator and do I have to be connected to the drone or just to the controller ?

The simulator is someware in the first screen of GO. You have to have your craft powered up. Keep your props off for safety and place a small fan blowing on the gimbal as it doe's get hot.
We're would one find the Simulator and do I have to be connected to the drone or just to the controller ?

Its on the first white screen with a photo of you Phantom. Click on the graduation hat. Simulator is on the left. The Phantom and controller need to be powered like you are about to fly with your device connected to the controller.

Increase the level of difficulty, go for the bathroom or built in wardrobe in preference to the basement.....

Seriously this is a terrible idea for an inexperienced operator, it will almost certainly end badly.

I was so anxious to get it off the ground the first night I did an auto take off indoors. I didn't realize the low light conditions would not allow VPS to work and it immediately started drifting toward a wall. I just grabbed it by the leg and held it in place until I could turn it off. Then I tried auto take off in the laundry (fluorescent lights) and VPS worked all too well. The room is small so it wouldn't move... just hover!

Needless to say, I just fly outside during low wind daylight hours now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31