Practicing for Emergencies

Give it a little left stick to test which direction it goes in.
I found this to be the fastest and easiest way to learn how to bring the bird in.

5 minutes watching this and some practice and yo will be able to bring your bird in as long as you can see it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As you gain experience you will figure out that you don't need the tablet at all to bring it back. As matter of fact you should spend time practicing without the tablet. I fly a number of scenarios.

1) no tablet - within 50 feet
2) tablet on then shut down - within 50 feet
3) tablet on then shut down - 1000 feet
4) tablet on shut down Transmitter - 1000 feet
5) RTH 100 feet
6) RTH 1000 feet
7) smart return to home

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: jephoto
No, this was a sudden failure. As in, went from 70% charge, all normal to "not enough battery to RTH, landing now" in a matter of seconds. And even there, it cut out before it could descend 200 feet.

I said voltages. Not DJI's % capacity guess.

(Maybe there could have been a sign of impending failure if I'd flown with the detailed voltage display active, but all read well on the battery pre-flight and who flies from the voltage display?).

Thats precisely the point I was making. Voltages dont lie. You do need to know a little about lipo's to interpret them (discharge curve, voltage sag under load,..) , but had you done that, you almost certainly wouldnt have been surprised.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers