Powering Lilliput 664/W FPV Monitor (for TV production)

Reaction score
I have just ordered the Lilliput 664/W monitor (for Fatshark) and need to power it! I just ordered the plate linked below so that I can use my Canon batteries (assuming the plate fits). Anyone have any strictly non-lipo powering ideas? I have the Canon LP-E6 and Anton Bauer batteries, as well as the batteries that power the HVX200.

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Adapter-L ... +lilliputy

My 664/W came with the battery plate and two different battery format adapters. I used the Canon batteries initially, which I bought just for the Lilliput, but have since switched to the LiPo's that I used to use on my P1, for longer screen time (I usually fly four P2 batteries per outing). The Lilliput came with a power cord that I soldered to a P1 LiPo. I always run my screen on a tripod, and not attached to my Futaba, so the weight and extra cables of the bigger LiPo don't bother me. If you are going mobile with the screen, then the Canon batteries are probably the better option. Just don't expect more than a couple flights per Canon battery.

Kelly

It's hard to imagine using lipos to power film production equipment. If they were practical for doing so we probably would have already adopted them. Unlike lipos, the batteries we use in production don't swell, don't die if you discharge them under 20%, aren't fragile, don't have a separate charge and discharge plug, don't require a crazy hobby charger with lots of wires, banana connectors and exposed circuit boards, aren't a fire risk, etc. It's hard to imagine a less practical battery than the lipos we use for flying, although I can see why we are forced to use them to power multis. I will not be adapting a lipo to power film production equipment.

wkf94025 said:
My 664/W came with the battery plate and two different battery format adapters. I used the Canon batteries initially, which I bought just for the Lilliput, but have since switched to the LiPo's that I used to use on my P1, for longer screen time (I usually fly four P2 batteries per outing). The Lilliput came with a power cord that I soldered to a P1 LiPo. I always run my screen on a tripod, and not attached to my Futaba, so the weight and extra cables of the bigger LiPo don't bother me. If you are going mobile with the screen, then the Canon batteries are probably the better option. Just don't expect more than a couple flights per Canon battery.

Kelly

Understand your distaste for them. My view is that I'm already in for a penny, why not make it a pound? I have a beer 12 pack box that holds my recharge spaghetti: power strip, four P2 battery chargers, two of the hobby chargers, a USB charger for GoPro and Garmin, and Canon-specific and GoPro-specific battery chargers. It's a joke, and post each flight, I spread it all out for the massive recharge ops. Adding two P1 LiPo's to the circus made little additional difference for me, and greatly reduces the the risk of a smaller lighter non-LiPo batter (e.g., the Canon's) running out of gas mid-flight, when say GPS has gone out, and I need FPV to get home.

Kelly

I'm resigned to having multiple batteries/chargers but will try to keep lipos to a minimum. I'm hoping I'll be able to charge from Anton Bauer somehow.

wkf94025 said:
Understand your distaste for them. My view is that I'm already in for a penny, why not make it a pound? I have a beer 12 pack box that holds my recharge spaghetti: power strip, four P2 battery chargers, two of the hobby chargers, a USB charger for GoPro and Garmin, and Canon-specific and GoPro-specific battery chargers. It's a joke, and post each flight, I spread it all out for the massive recharge ops. Adding two P1 LiPo's to the circus made little additional difference for me, and greatly reduces the the risk of a smaller lighter non-LiPo batter (e.g., the Canon's) running out of gas mid-flight, when say GPS has gone out, and I need FPV to get home.

Kelly

The monitor arrived today and it comes with a Canon battery plate. I ran a fresh battery on the monitor without sending it signal and it ran for over 90 minutes. If it will last an hour on a single Canon battery I'd be okay with that.

However, it also looks like it comes with a plate that can be attached to the back, and to which a v-mount or Anton Bauer plate can be affixed, which would rock. I bet an AB brick could power it for hours.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik