Powering GoPro with Phantom or not?

Reaction score
How many folks are using the scotch tape mod that allows you to NOT use the P2 as a power source for the GoPro? Just curious how much it impacts flight times....I would also hate to be filming and lose GoPro battery without knowing it.

Scotch tape mod ?

Link please.

I let mine power off it

ddublu said:
How many folks are using the scotch tape mod that allows you to NOT use the P2 as a power source for the GoPro? Just curious how much it impacts flight times....I would also hate to be filming and lose GoPro battery without knowing it.
I think I can live with losing the 30-seconds of flight time by letting the Phantom provide the GoPro with power.

SteveMann said:
ddublu said:
I think I can live with losing the 30-seconds of flight time by letting the Phantom provide the GoPro with power.

Ha! That could be the difference between swimming or landing.

The only reason I did the mod was due to the interference I was getting.
For some reason as well the interference on the Gopro 4 is way worse than it was on the Gopro 3+

I'm using a battery in the GoPro. You can't stop the Phantom from sending power, but I figure the GoPro's battery doesn't take up much weight, and supplies all the power that is needed.

Just my 2 cents

That's what the tape mod does...it stops power being sent to battery, but allows video to transfer through ribbon cable.

2 more cents here..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers