Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Power Supply Won't Charge - Red Light Flashing

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by ace309, Mar 14, 2015.

1. ace309

Just went to plug in a battery to the power supply for a phantom 2, but it won't charge.

Instead the power supply is making a clicking noise and blinking the LED light red.

Even after unplugging everything from the wall and battery, the LED continues to flash red, slower and slower until it runs out of residual power.

Any ideas as what to do? The charger has been well taken care of so i'm thinking it is faulty.

2. jasonnelson007

Try plugging in your battery then press the button on the battery twice just like your starting up your bird. Sounds like your battery is stone cold dead.

3. Monte55

Since we don't know what he flies, it's kind of hard to give much help. Not all batteries have power buttons

4. ace309

Sorry! I fly a phantom 2 with a H3-3d gimbal.

I have 3 batteries, and all won't charge on the power supply. (batteries have ~30%->50% power left, can turn on and power the phantom no problem)

DJI Power supply just clicks and flashes red LED, charging lights on battery do not turn on (no power getting to the batteries).

5. kirk2579

The OP said a P2
    all P2's use same battery

6. 750r

Sounds to me the charger is your problem If you have a hobby shop or know someone with a charger try your batteries on it . But having 3 batteries and all do the same I would say charger is bad .
    Gl!

7. jadebox

My original P2V charger died and exhibits the same symptoms. A newer charger (the latest are labeled "Power Supply" instead of "Battery Charger") works fine.

-- Roger