Power Phantom tx from Black Pearl monitor

Reaction score
Do you think it would be worth while to power the Phantom tx from the output power connector from a Black Pearl monitor? My thoughts were that the monitor displays the battery level where you really never know for sure about the amount of power left in the batteries in the transmitter.

It would require a 6 volt switcher power supply to be added to the transmitter to reduce the 12v output from the Black Pearl monitor. The power requirement of the transmitter seems low enough where I wouldn't think it would drain the Black Pearl battery that quickly. I would think you would be able to get a few flights before needing to recharge the battery.

the tx will start beeping if the batteries are almost out, so you only have to keep 4 fresh batteries in your phantom bag and change them when you hear the beeps...

Cessna said:
Do you think it would be worth while to power the Phantom tx from the output power connector from a Black Pearl monitor? My thoughts were that the monitor displays the battery level where you really never know for sure about the amount of power left in the batteries in the transmitter.

It would require a 6 volt switcher power supply to be added to the transmitter to reduce the 12v output from the Black Pearl monitor. The power requirement of the transmitter seems low enough where I wouldn't think it would drain the Black Pearl battery that quickly. I would think you would be able to get a few flights before needing to recharge the battery.

already did it. Used a downstep voltage regulator, I can fly maybe 3-4 times before recharging the BP. Ran the output wire from the Voltage out of the BP and have it hardwired directly into the Phantom Tx. Works like a charm and I don't have to carry around spare batteries!

I am trying to figure out the best way to power the AVL58 receiver. I'm no electrician or whatever, so I don't know. What is the problem with powering the receiver with the DC out from the Black Pearl monitor?

Is it too much power? What will happen?

And how is everyone powering it if they don't do it this way? I seem to be the only one who doesn't know how we are supposed to power these things. The transmitter is being powered by the Phantom through the Hub as far as I know.

Cessna said:
you really never know for sure about the amount of power left in the batteries in the transmitter.

This is the reason I did a simple voltage display mod on my controller:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14110

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik