Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Standard Power on but no self test

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Gmanski, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Gmanski

It's been a few weeks since I flew my phantom 3 standard. I got it out today, charged the battery. Put the battery in, pushed power on the battery but it does not go into self test mode. No flashing lights at all, no camera movement either. Any suggestions?

2. With The Birds

Is the power light illuminated on the battery?

3. Gmanski

While I am pressing the power button, it is illuminated red and the 4 green battery level lights come on but when I release, all lights go off.

4. eaglegoaltender

That's exactly what it is supposed to do when you are checking battery level - red button lights up when you press it once (test) and the number of green bars indicates roughly how much of a charge you have.

The camera gimbal isn't going to "dance" till you first turn on the RC - Device - DJI Go App - then fire up the Phantom battery - press the "red" button once then release and press again for a couple of seconds - then you will be lit up on the battery (green bars) the Phantom led's will flash and the Gimbal and camera will do it's little "dance".

Maybe you have forgotten since its been some time since you have used it ........... LOL.

5. With The Birds

Press once, let go and press again for a few secs (the power button).

6. Gmanski

Thanks. That did the trick. I had been following everything correctly except for the pressing the power button once then pressing it again and holding. I had been holding on the first press.

7. With The Birds

Pleased you got it sorted.... the simplest things can often defeat us...

There are a lot of things with the phantom that we can do everything correctly with the exception of one simple element that can bring us unstuck in a big way. This isnt one of them.

8. garykeithmead1

9. PEEFA

Maybe a quick refresh in the manual whilst you charge the batteries! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app