Power lines

Reaction score
I just got the phantom II video plus. In my house to the left, there are some power lines feeding power to the community. How far should I stay away from the power lines?

Welcome to the forum jesusq,

I wouldn't fly as close as in the video when it's foggy or raining.

Welcome to the forum jesusq,

I wouldn't fly as close as in the video when it's foggy or raining.

That's a good rule regardless of surroundings. ;)

I was reading in a prior post that power lines will interfere with the RF signal, and that it could cause the drone to crash or fly away.

Yep, some folks say that. Try to find someone who can verify that though.

You are going to read every opinion on the planet here, if you read enough.
You may want to find confirmation before believing one individual.

EDIT:
You may want to find confirmation before believing one individual,
including myself, regardless of the subject.
I was wrong once, just don't have any recollection of the occurrence. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Hey gppms AKA George, Welcome to the forum.

Nice job threading the needle. I bet you never do that again. That's funny stuff.
I think I heard the Phantom crap itself.
You could post that in the Photo/Video forum. Folks may give you crap there though.

Thanks guys.I did that accidentally for the first time.As you can see i was looking the car and the camera was tilt down so i didn't realize that the high voltage power lines was so close to me and after one second i was inside the power lines.All the electronics on the phantom (telemetry,gps,video transmiter,radio)works without a problem at all.And to tell you the truth i think this was a 500000 volt power line.

I'd a done that, but lucky for me you did it first, so now I'll look closer at where I am going.

My nickel's worth, don't do that in the rain.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4