Power cycle

Reaction score
Can't get my new phantom vision 2 to start pull levers to corners nothing happens checked trouble shooting it says to power cycle RC I can not for life of me figure out what that means pretty frustrated need help

Well more accurately it means power off and then back on. You don't have to disconnect the battery.

I doubt this will fix your problem though. You will have to provide some more details.

Is it brand new? Is this the first time you have tried to start it? Have you had it connected to computer? What lights are flashing etc? Have you calibrated the compass?

Yes it is brand new I had a FC 40 prior so I am somewhat familiar, compass was calibrated was first time starting it when powered on two red lights in front on and off once lights in back normal sequence got green than calibrated compass then pulled sticks down to outside bottom corners nothing. Checked manual tried step one. Could you walk me through sequence to make sure I did it correctly nothing then step two and controller would not connect to RC firmware but did to quad firmware still nothing

Connect remote controller to computer - run RC Assistant - calibrate sticks. Shut program down, remove remote controller.
Connect Phantom to computer - run Phantom Assistant - calibrate sticks again in there.

For compass calibration - flick S2 (right hand switch) down and up 5 or more times until you get solid yellow rear lights. Now spin it horizontally 360deg until the lights change to solid green. Now point it nose down and spin 360 again until the lights go back to the normal flashing sequence. Its now calibrated.

I guess I am missing something how do you connect controller to computer I see no usb connects

I must be blind I see no usb connect on bottom of controller where exactly is it located

isle said:
I must be blind I see no usb connect on bottom of controller where exactly is it located

#11 is where it plugs in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 749
If there is no port on the bottom then it must be a really old remote, which had the usb port inside on the edge of circuit board. You say "my NEW phantom vision 2", is it brand new? Where did you get it?
Post a few pics of remote if you can.

Here is a pic of very latest phantom 2 vision+ remote, you can see the small slot at the bottom. (you have a normal vision from what you have written but i thought all visions had the port on the outside.)

Attachments

• large-2-5c1631ab0ef5de6256c6cc0abada98e5.jpg
    large-2-5c1631ab0ef5de6256c6cc0abada98e5.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 623
Thanks so much for answer MrC there is no slot on outside on bottom. I thought I was going crazy by not finding. Controller was also set on CS and I read I believe in manual that controller was set by default to FCC, so I am thinking this was a return and then sent back out again. I got it at Amazon sold by Amazon and not a third party. I wonder why I was sent an old one and does it matter, it kinda seems like it does, I do not want open up controller to access port. Do you know how old is old and when new ones came out with port on bottom, thanks for help

Larry L said:
isle said:

#11 is where it plugs in.
Where did you get this diagram? In manual I dowmloded from Dji website did not have that

Inless your remote is really far out of calibration you should not need to plug the remote in to do an advanced calibration with the rc assistant soft ware and probably can just do the rc calibration for the sticks thats in the naza assistant. to do that you just need to plug the phantom in to the usb and under the rc tab there is a button that says calibrate hit that while you have the remote on and follow the promps.

Sorry I don't know exactly when they changed the controllers. I think they are the same though otherwise. If you open her up just be careful around the antenna.

This is where the usb lead connects should you open it up -

Attachments

• P2v-Firmware_upgrading_of_the_5.8G_RC-en.png
    P2v-Firmware_upgrading_of_the_5.8G_RC-en.png
    525.8 KB · Views: 1,344
J.James said:
Inless your remote is really far out of calibration you should not need to plug the remote in to do an advanced calibration with the rc assistant soft ware and probably can just do the rc calibration for the sticks thats in the naza assistant. to do that you just need to plug the phantom in to the usb and under the rc tab there is a button that says calibrate hit that while you have the remote on and follow the promps.
I would hot be doing any of this but new out of box would not start and manual says try re calibrate sticks, I wonder why Amazon would sell quad with old style controller instead of newer one with its built in battery, USB port and timbale control

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20