Potentiometer other than 5K

Reaction score
So I got my gimbal working other than mounting a potentiometer and I have a 5K. The factory potentiometer in the FC40 moves the camera almost to quick. Should I use a higher value? Is something smoother than 5K?

cosmonaut said:
So I got my gimbal working other than mounting a potentiometer and I have a 5K. The factory potentiometer in the FC40 moves the camera almost to quick. Should I use a higher value? Is something smoother than 5K?

I wondered about all this as well but follow the "directions' and went with the 5K linear and it works FANTASTIC!

The trick is to make sure you get the "polls" right and then to calibrate the entire throw of it (if that is what you want). I did a little experimenting and during calibration I went only 1/2 revolution and that worked too, so all the way counter clockwise (12 o'clock) is level, then half a turn (6 o'clock) is straight down. Not sure I will leave it that way but anyway, it's all about getting the entire throw utilized during calibration.

Killobite said:
cosmonaut said:

I wondered about all this as well but follow the "directions' and went with the 5K linear and it works FANTASTIC!

The trick is to make sure you get the "polls" right and then to calibrate the entire throw of it (if that is what you want). I did a little experimenting and during calibration I went only 1/2 revolution and that worked too, so all the way counter clockwise (12 o'clock) is level, then half a turn (6 o'clock) is straight down. Not sure I will leave it that way but anyway, it's all about getting the entire throw utilized during calibration.

Thanks if it works that well I'll stick with that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj