Potential sticky throttle- Fly away

Reaction score
I have been concerned with the flyaway issue, so I did some bench testing. I took off the props and pushed the throttle around. In the NAZI software the throttles look great and always comeback down from full throttle. When I then disconnected from the computer and did a full throttle, after about 4 seconds and release, the throttle stays as full throttle even though I have released to center. It also will full and left or right with full throttle if I go to the corners. I thought it might just been that it was in the house with no props, so I had my brother hold on to it. I pressed full throttle and sure enough it never stopped spinning at full throttle after I released it to senter.

It is like it is stuck.

Its probably thinking its supposed to try and hold altitude if its in the air and you let go of the stick the motors have to stay spinning pretty fast to maintain its position with out dropping. Tho if you pull the stick down from the center point then it should throttle down. So it can descend.

The motor speeds will not drop quickly with props off, they need the resistance to react. Plus not a good idea to run motors w/props off.

I really appreciate your response and it does give me a little more comfort. It will not simulate descend and we eventually have to just shut it down. I might try tethering it and launching. If anyone else has any ideas how to do it without causing the unit to crash from being held from the ground, I would appreciate it. I was thinking about tying two kite strings on either landing supports instead of one so it does not catch and flip.

I would appreciate it if anyone else would collaborate J. James statement or want to add any additional thoughts or theories.

Thank you as well EMCSQUAR. I saw you post after my second post.

Currently in the mountains of New Mexico and had hoped to get this flying to get some shots.

One more newbie questions. When I first initiate the start of the Phantom, the blades spin up and stay spinning without throttling. They remain spinning until I hold down on the throttle to shut down. Is this normal.

BTW, J. James, I have used several of your posts to save the moment panic with the DJI, again thank you for helping out us newbies.

Yes normal. It shouldnt lift until you start increasing the throttle past center. Only way to stop motors from spinning is to totally shut it down.

hpolack said:
In the NAZI software the throttles look great and always comeback down from full throttle.
Wow ! :eek: :shock: :?

jerrymac12000 said:
You REALLY need to read the manual. 90% of your questions will be answered. It is like reading stereo instructions, but you need to read them.

jerrymac12000 is right !

BTW, J. James, I have used several of your posts to save the moment panic with the DJI, again thank you for helping out us newbies.

Thanks and I was also a newbie not too long ago. and still learning new things all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.