Potential Newb Here

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Name here is Kyle I'm in the East TN area and I am considering buying a Phantom drone. I've watched countless videos and poked around the forum here a bit too. I am leaning toward the P3S but wonder if the P3P is worth double the price of a standard. I like the extended range capabilities of the Pro model and the 4K video is a plus as well. I wouldn't be flying commercial so I can't say I'd need either of those really. I've read that some folks have had compass problems with all of the P3 models here lately. Is that something I should really worry about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dirkclod
I have the p3s. I'm no pro. Just an amateur pilot and amateur photographer. It's my guy toy if you will. If you have the money get the pro. Not to say the standard doesn't take great pictures or doesn't fly right. The p3p has a camera with more resolution and the light bridge. It will go further. That being said. If you plan on flying within the faa guidelines then the distance thing is moot.
I love my standard. It's been to Hawaii and Las Vegas and I've taken great videos and photos with it.
Whatever you choose fly by the faa guidelines and fly safe.

It's a great hobby and potentially a nice side job.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I recently upgraded from the P3S to the P3P and I haven't been disappointed. With both GPS/Glonass and the VPS I find it is much better at holding position. Even with VPS turned off I find it better at holding position. Next with the P3S I usually only had 7 or 8 satellites, with the P3P it is 11 to 13 and it is quicker to acquire thoses Satellites.

I also like the remote better on the P3P. It has a much better device holder, dedicated RTH button, buttons for starting/stopping video and snapping stills (you need to tap the button on screen with the P3S), as well as two user defined buttons on the bottom.

As for the compass error problem I've only experienced it twice and both times it was my fault. The first time I was trying to launch from a metal table, the second was launching from a concrete slab (rebar in concrete).

Welcome to the forum Ace.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Thanks for the replies and info. I don't plan to fly anything other than line of sight. I do like having the best of the best things though. The P3S is $399 and the Pro is $799. I could go either way I guess it just comes down to whether or not I'll want more than just a standard if that is what I wind up getting. I may just bite the bullet and get the Pro so I have the extra features if I find I need them later.

I did see the Pro model has a "same day delivery" where someone will meet me and set it up and get me going. Any idea how the heck that works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl