Posting Videos to facebook

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about posting videos to Facebook? I have posted a few and everyone has loved them so far. I did get one comment today that said "If I see one of those near my property I will shoot it down." I really don't care what people think TBH, but if it freaks enough people out and turns into bad publicity for the hobby I might think differently. I would hope people would ask questions and watch the videos an realize that they are really no threat to privacy. If you were close enough to someone to film them doing something they would hear you coming looong before you got there. They can see on my videos that people are nothing more than just specks from my point of view. Do you guys post on FB?

ccase39 said:
How do you guys feel about posting videos to Facebook? I did get one comment today that said "If I see one of those near my property I will shoot it down." I really don't care what people think TBH, but if it freaks enough people out and turns into bad publicity for the hobby I might think differently. Do you guys post on FB?

I have posted/embedded some of my videos on Facebook with the video source being on YouTube. They are public too. If you do not like the comment, then just delete it. I have not had any negative comments on Facebook. On YouTube, I have had a inaccurate comment inferring that it was illegal flying in state parks. A month later I noticed the post and I tried to contact the user and got no response. I just deleted that post and placed an accurate answer to the original comment.

I post some to facebook, but not much. If I knew the person well that made such a comment, I might try to re-educate them. Take them out and let them fly it and then look at their video with them and let them see it is not much of a spying tool. If I didn't know them well (I have many acquaintances on facebook), then I would probably ignore the comment.

Advise the would be shooter how much it will cost them in fines if they attempt such a stupid stunt.

I don't do FB instead I upload to youtube then embed the file links into a web page which is hosted on my ISP web server
I give this link to people who want to watch my videos

All footage is raw unedited as I like it that way

i have posted to facebook. The videos i shoot have very few people in them ,5 to 10 max. I ask all their permission first and i ask the land owner. Some people do not want their faces on the internet and they don't want their property on the internet. Do i really obey the law, yes. I'm not going to get fined or go to jail over a toy. Phantom pilots are already bored with just flying and new youtube stars pop up daily. I have asked some people for permission to do what i thought would be very cool videos, But the people involved or land owner did not want it. So i respect their decision and move on.

the best thing about youtube is that you can blur peoples faces, so even if you did get faces there is a way to mask them

ccase39 said:
How do you guys feel about posting videos to Facebook? I have posted a few and everyone has loved them so far. I did get one comment today that said "If I see one of those near my property I will shoot it down." I really don't care what people think TBH, but if it freaks enough people out and turns into bad publicity for the hobby I might think differently. I would hope people would ask questions and watch the videos an realize that they are really no threat to privacy. If you were close enough to someone to film them doing something they would hear you coming looong before you got there. They can see on my videos that people are nothing more than just specks from my point of view. Do you guys post on FB?

I post on Facebook and I get a lot of positive comments and curious questions. I have some "friends" that might be the kind that would post the "shoot it down" comment - but I would probably engage them in a conversation and ask them why?

As other's have posted - if I am doing something that I THINK might offend someone - I'll often talk to them about it first... I'm not trying to upset anyone. But people who know nothing and say something like "I'll shoot it down" - don't sound reasonable to me... and I might start a conversation, and if the person turned out to be a punkA^% - I'd probably de-friend them and make sure I didn't fly over their house :lol:

Those "shoot em down" people are probably the same kind of people who attacked people who were wearing google glass. Yes we all have rights... but not everything needs to comes to violence. Whatever happened to "hey do you mind flying that somewhere else neighbor?" - likely that's all it would take.

I've posted pictures to Facebook. But not video. Well.. Not really. I posted a few videos when I first flew because I was so eager to show off. But now I don't usually fly and film anything worth posting. Same park, different day.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj