*** Posting About Your 107 Results? POST IT HERE!

Did you find the test easy or hard?

• It was easy for me!

• It had some challenges but I got through it OK.

• I found it difficult.

• I haven't tested yet but plan to.

• I'm don't plan to take the test.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just took the test & passed with an 82. No previous flight training or experience, used ASA's "remote pilot test prep" book. I highly recommend it to newb's like myself!

I took no courses. I studied the handbook a little. I have much experience as a working passenger in small aircraft which helped, but not as much as I thought it would.

Someone provided a link a couple of days ago to a practice test, and I used it as a guide and to see how well I would do. I was averaging just over 70% on the practice test, so I thought I had a good chance of barely passing with what I knew. Today when I went to take the test I told the proctor about how I've been doing on the practice test and she said I really should be averaging 80% on the practice test to get 70% on the real test. YIKES.

However, one thing I did while taking the practice test was to review some of the questions I got wrong.

I found the test to be very difficult and about half way through, I was feeling that I wished I had been better prepared and that I was likely not to pass. However, when I completed the test and submitted everything, I scored a whopping 72%. I just barely passed, and I was informed (after asking about it) that of the 50 or so who took the test at their facility, I had the lowest passing score.

I think the difference between the practice test and the real test is not in the questions themselves, but that the real test has more hard questions than the practice test. Based on my questions, if I had it to do over, I would have studied air spaces much more.

So I barely passed, but I passed. I'm not proud of my score, but I'm happy I didn't spend any money on courses--just $20 on an aviation handbook. I'm now a licensed UA pilot. Pretty good, considering my drone flying experience is less than an hour.

Passed today with an 83%. Went through the RemotePilot101 course in a week. Also took practice tests from Gold Seal and 3DR. I was scoring consistent 90%+ on all tests, but there were still areas that I had not studied enough. Mainly aircraft loading, and physiological stuff.

I just completed the RemotePilot101 Course...I've taken his Final Exam 5 times and got 88,88,88,91,98....I think I'm ready...(hopefully)...lol

I'll be taking my test on Friday. I'll post the results. I'm also going through RemotePilot101 and feel pretty confident. It's more like a review for me because I currently hold a private pilots license but haven't flown in over 10 years.

Passed today with an 83%. Went through the RemotePilot101 course in a week. Also took practice tests from Gold Seal and 3DR. I was scoring consistent 90%+ on all tests, but there were still areas that I had not studied enough. Mainly aircraft loading, and physiological stuff.

Interesting. The proctor for my test told me that the results of the real test are usually about 10 points lower than online tests, which apparently was your case as well.

I took mine earlier this month after signing up for RemotePilot101 and supplementing that with the 3DR simulated test questions and the FAA pilot's handbook. No previous pilot certifications held.

images

Just got back from taking mine. Scored a 95. I missed three questions. I only had 2 questions that were from RemotPilot101. I missed the marijuana question, the one that asked what I need to produce to an FAA person if asked and one other which I can't remember.

I'm a happy camper now.

Kyle

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Teamfour
Passed my Knowledge test today!!! Super pumped! Scored an 87. Went through the Remote Pilot 101 course and briefly skimmed through the FAA Study guide online(Should of done more of that).

Starting off I was stumped on the first like 8 questions! The way the answers were worded were nothing like the practice test I had been taking with Remote Pilot...I missed 8 in total.

I would still highly recommend Remote Pilot 101 in a heartbeat. The questions were worded differently and made you think for sure but the knowledge that I learned from the Remote Pilot 101 was very good prep.

I didn't have much weather stuff, maybe 5 questions...had maybe 10 chart related ...and the rest were off the wall worded funky questions..lol..happy I passed though.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Teamfour
I took my test today and I did not pass! Took the RemotePilot107 course and was scoring in the 80's, and I studied my but off. Very few questions were what I studied, and my test was loaded with airspace questions. I even had a question about remaining healthy LOL. Humiliated and bummed, but wanted to say that test is no joke.

Happy for all of you guys that passed though. So, 2 weeks before I can take it again and another $150 out of my pocket!!!

I took my test today and I did not pass! Took the RemotePilot107 course and was scoring in the 80's, and I studied my but off. Very few questions were what I studied, and my test was loaded with airspace questions. I even had a question about remaining healthy LOL. Humiliated and bummed, but wanted to say that test is no joke.

Happy for all of you guys that passed though. So, 2 weeks before I can take it again and another $150 out of my pocket!!!

Man that sucks!!! I know what you mean. The questions were very tough. Jason laid out the foundation but the questions were worded differently. I had to look very hard at most questions. I was getting 100's on all of his practice test. I felt confident but when I saw the questions I was stumped but dug deep and looked for the right wording.

I would read the FAA study guide a couple times. I skimmed through it this morning and it helped

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Bummer. Like I had stated earlier, I took the 101 course and was scoring in the high 90s on the practice test. I also took the 126 question 3DR test a bunch of times. Also the 30 question Gold Seal test. Doing great in all. I passed with an 83%. The test is tough. Print the chart with all of the chart symbols and the weather symbols. Also study the communications and physiology parts of the FAA study guide. You should be good to go next time.

I'm an official card-carrying certified FAA pilot! My card came in the mail today.

My other videos are on my YouTube channel via the following link:
http://rebrand.ly/pacificdronepilots

Mine came in the mail yesterday too. :)

I got an email from Jason Schappert stating that the RemotePilot101 course is going up to $149 tomorrow, Feb 1st. Food for thought...

How long is it taking everyone to receive their license in the mail...? I just submitted my paperwork to IACRA this morning.
It's in the short video, two messages above this one. Basically, it's averaging eight weeks from when you pass your exam. The assumption is that you associate your exam with your application as soon as it becomes available online (IACRA).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj