*** Posting About Your 107 Results? POST IT HERE!

Did you find the test easy or hard?

• It was easy for me!

• It had some challenges but I got through it OK.

• I found it difficult.

• I haven't tested yet but plan to.

• I'm don't plan to take the test.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My 107 was actually easier, because it was thru the FAAST website for already certificated pilots to add to my commercial rotorcraft certificate.

I went thru the modules, then took it, missed one Q for a 97%.

My IACRA app is filled out (and the extra step in this is an identity verification by an appropriate person) and another CFII in my area will be logging in to vet my app, which then goes out to OK and I'll get the cert.

I do wish to point out something I'm seeing as well: Your 107 Certification is not, like a private or commercial pilot licence - forever, take this test once and your done.

You will renew by retaking the test (or if an active part 61 pilot take the training cert again) and submitting again thru IACRA or by paper every 24 months.

Passed the knowledge test yesterday 87%. I do have to say, I did become a private pilot 48 years ago, but did not log more than 500 hours during that time. I would consider myself a “Weekend Pilot”, and am not current at this time.

The test is as hard as getting private licence back then. FAA did not cut us any slack and you do have to study.

I used “Remote Pilot Test Prep” by ASA:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1619544687/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They cover the 5 areas we need to know (Regulations, National Airspace System, Weather, Loading and Performance, and Operations). They also give you access to a web site and 5 practice tests. I also downloaded “FAR AIM 2017” and “Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge” for my iPad. Thinking that if I am going work in this environment. They would be part of the tools to keep me current.

It is my opinion that if you read book and take the practise test. You will pass the test and have a greater knowledge of what is out there.

The FAA is a great resource.

Took my test today. Passed with an 82. Its passing, but I feel shame. I did better on my ASVAB and I didn't even study for that! Had no flight training / experience other than the lecture about exit doors on commercial aircraft before this.

I did do some paid training via Drone Pilot Ground School. I was getting in the 90's on the practice test, but it didnt translate I guess. There were some questions not seen before and 2 stupid misclicks. The one about foreign UAS registration threw me for sure. Anyways, now waiting the 48 hours then submitting the paperwork.

I used the dronepilotgroundschool.com website to learn and prep. I've been taking the practice tests all week and decided to go take the test. It was a little harder then expected since I was used to getting 90% or better on the practice tests (which were randomized questions). But I ended up getting a 73%...so still passing. I need to focus a bit more on weather and sectional chats. I was able to see what questions I got wrong so I'm going to delve in learning those sections a bit better. At least I have 24 months before I need to pass it again. Considering I'm not a pilot in real life and have only really flown flight simulators and drones - I'm pretty happy with myself.

Goodjob spiderpig, my grade wasn't real high either, but now we have all the time in the world to brush up the areas needed.

HI.. First a bit of my background. Back in the early 90's I took and passed many FAA written tests. I hold a Single engine Commercial, Instrument, CFI, and a private VFR only multi rating. I stopped flying back in the early 90's when TSRS and ARSA still existed.

I used remote pilot 101 and went through most of the modules, some twice. Some areas I took the quiz first and decided I "tested out" of that area. I took the final at remote pilot 101 and had a 95. I took the FAA test that same day and only missed one.

Reactions: microraptor
HI.. First a bit of my background. Back in the early 90's I took and passed many FAA written tests. I hold a Single engine Commercial, Instrument, CFI, and a private VFR only multi rating. I stopped flying back in the early 90's when TSRS and ARSA still existed.

I used remote pilot 101 and went through most of the modules, some twice. Some areas I took the quiz first and decided I "tested out" of that area. I took the final at remote pilot 101 and had a 95. I took the FAA test that same day and only missed one.
Congratulations on passing!

Just to give a gauge on how long it might take to receive one's FAA Remote Pilot wallet card, I took the exam on November 4th and received the card today (January 3rd). So in my case the post-exam process took exactly 2 months.

Just to give a gauge on how long it might take to receive one's FAA Remote Pilot wallet card, I took the exam on November 4th and received the card today (January 3rd). So in my case the post-exam process took exactly 2 months.

How long before you got your temporary one you can print out from the website?

My temporary took 2 weeks to show up back in November.

I took mine yesterday and missed 3 getting a 95%. I have had many FAA tests but that was back in the mid 90's. Commercial Pilot, single and multi-engine, land, Instrument airplane. Also A&P mechanic tests. I am not current as flying is too expensive anymore. I did fly as a missionary bush pilot for 7 years in South America but that was over 10 years ago.

Reviewing for this test was good to catch up on things.

This sUAS test isn't a joke. You have to know a lot for sure.

The proctor only put my first name and last name in the computer. When I verified it I put my first, middle, last and it flagged it wrong. I told the proctor and he said don't put your middle name in. Well, in IACRA it already had my middle name. I'm not sure if I'll get the "name mismatch" flag when I try to pull in the Exam ID. Wonder what kind of mess that's going to make? The proctor says it's fine...yea right.

Last edited:
Congratulations on passing. Hopefully they will get the name right so it won't be a hassle for you.. let us know how it goes with iacra.

I took mine yesterday ...

The proctor only put my first name and last name in the computer. When I verified it I put my first, middle, last and it flagged it wrong. I told the proctor and he said don't put your middle name in. Well, in IACRA it already had my middle name. I'm not sure if I'll get the "name mismatch" flag when I try to pull in the Exam ID. Wonder what kind of mess that's going to make? The proctor says it's fine...yea right.

30 hours after taking the knowledge test my Exam came up just fine in IACRA. I filled everything out, signed and submitted. I decided to look in the console at the application and the temporary license button was green! I guess since I am already a pilot I have been approved by the TSA. It was instantly there. So, 30 hours after taking the knowledge test I have my temporary license printed. Cool.

I'm currently studying to take my test. I don't recall seeing anything in the training yet about foreign registration? What do we need to know about that?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I took the test in late November. Missed 2 questions for a 97%. I am a non-current Private Pilot, and did not use any paid study materials, but spent about 8 hours studying/refreshing. Everything you need is available for free on the FAA website, but it is scattered throughout many documents. The test is similar to the Private written test, and should be pretty straightforward for anyone holding any other airman certificate.

I have not yet received my certificate in the mail, but expect it soon.

I took the test in late November ... I have not yet received my certificate in the mail, but expect it soon.
We've must have taken the test at a similar timeframe...

So far, here is my timeline:

Passed Exam: 21 Nov 2016 @16:00
Associated Exam on Application: 23 Nov 2016 @17:00
Thanksgiving Holiday: 24 Nov 2016 @00:00
Temporary Certificate Issued: 28 Nov 2016 @10:30
Christmas Holiday: 26 Dec 2016 @00:00
New Years Holiday: 02 Jan 2017 @00:00
Received physical card: 30 Jan 2017

Total elapsed time? Two months and nine days (or exactly ten weeks)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik