*** Posting About Your 107 Results? POST IT HERE!

Did you find the test easy or hard?

• It was easy for me!

• It had some challenges but I got through it OK.

• I found it difficult.

• I haven't tested yet but plan to.

• I'm don't plan to take the test.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I loved RP101. I took the finals multiple times until I got a 98% in 30 minutes, and I fat fingered the wrong answer, I guess, because I knew it. The actual FAA proctored test was MUCH harder. It took me 1hr 45 mins and I got an 87%. I sent a note to Jason and team. They replied back that they are hearing from test takers that the difficulty of the questions have ramped up. They told me they are going to try to adjust accordingly

Can you take the actual test online?

Took the test this week and got a 93 in about 1 hour due to a couple of stupid mistakes. At my age, I find it easier to have someone teach me the information rather than read though a bunch of FAA documents. Since I will be flying for my company, I took an online course (RemotePilot101) which was 65 short videos covering everything I needed to know to pass the test. I have a greater respect for how much private pilots must learn and know since we only need to know a fraction of it, but still quite a lot. As others have said, you should know airspace, sectional charts, read lat & long points, how to read raw METARs, raw TAFs, airport traffic patterns, runway numbers, airport frequencies, weather conditions, PIC responsibilities, and alcohol limits among other things. Attached is the type of sectional chart you need to be able to decipher. You can't take the actual test online, but I believe the FAA might offer a practice test somewhere on their site. I know the online courses usually offer a practice one -- which I did take in my course before taking the actual test.
sectional chart.jpg

Congratulations on passing! ! I took the test 3 weeks ago and also passed. Weather is what I had trouble with. Although I passed, I came home and brushed up on weather.

Just a comment regarding the required information to know for this Remote Pilot License. It might seem crazy for us to know all of this material just to be able to fly what is viewed as just an RC toy by many. The FAA has designed this license to be able to cover not only drone operators that will be taking photos of a house for the real estate industry, but also those to may fly greater distances across the sky for companies like Amazon. I think the FAA did a pretty good job addressing all types of flying considering the pressure they were under to come up with regulations.

I used an App from the Google playstore called Remote Pilot. After studying with this app and taking the practice test I was able to pass :)

Reactions: microraptor
Can you take the actual test online?

The questions that RP101 uses are actual FAA test questions. There are multiple classes all with tests that you take online. Then there is a 60 question final just like the FAA test, that you take online. You can take it multiple times with rotating questions, same as the FAA test. But the RP101 is all just prep test. The online tests do not get you the actual license. You have to take the FAA proctored exam for the license

How much of the test is on the sectional charts and weather? Those 2 are the most confusing for me. My brain is not powerful enough anymore to memorize the weather report stuff and decode all that.

Yes, you get temporary license. Valid for 120 days, or until you receive your permanent card in the mail.

How much of the test is on the sectional charts and weather? Those 2 are the most confusing for me. My brain is not powerful enough anymore to memorize the weather report stuff and decode all that.
I self studied for a month. YouTube videos and faa study guide. Weather and charts are definitely going to be on test...mine was about 30% charts & 10% weather. All tests are not the same though. Faa has a pretty good practice test. Start with that. Good luck bro!

Maybe a third of my test if I had to put a number on it. You'll need to be able to read a basic METAR and a TAF, and use the sectional charts to determine what airspace limits are and radio frequencies. I had one Lat/Long question on my test. There were several questions asking what the heights of various Class B and C airspace shelfs were in various locations. Several questions about MOA and Restricted areas.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4