*** Posting About Your 107 Results? POST IT HERE!

Did you find the test easy or hard?

• It was easy for me!

• It had some challenges but I got through it OK.

• I found it difficult.

• I haven't tested yet but plan to.

• I'm don't plan to take the test.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Used RemotePilot101.com, ASA UAS Test Prep (book and app) and scored a 97. It was challenging. I was surprised at the score. Everyone claims to have the test bank, but after the two prep courses, and 3 or 4 other practice quiz sites, including 3DR, I didn't see more than about 10 questions that were represented in the prep courses or multiple practice quiz's. Fair warning... Don't just memorize answers, learn the material for the questions. Also, I had a bunch of questions on CRM, SMS, and Risk Management. Prep courses didn't delve real far into those areas.

Passed today on first try - scored an 88 - 7 wrong. I just studied on my own - read and watched everything I could (for free). It was a tough test, I thought. Took about 1.5 hours. Anyone have any advice for putting registration # on a Phantom 4?
I just used a good ol label maker.

It's a tough decision, I'm still undecided between remotepilot101.com and goldseal even with the amazing discount goldseal is almost twice as much. Which one is more structured?

It's a tough decision, I'm still undecided between remotepilot101.com and goldseal even with the amazing discount goldseal is almost twice as much. Which one is more structured?

All I can speak about with any clarity is remotepilot 101. I have learned an amazing amount in a short time. After just a few days, I took the final practice test and scored a 73%. Enough to pass the 107. But I am going to keep watching videos and refreshing the weak areas. I want "at least" high 80's

I passed today with a 92%...did it with the help of UAV Coach, 'Drone Pilot Ground School'.

IMPO, Great course, easy to digest videos in each module. Plenty of links and .PDF downloads to use for a review notebook and a set of 5 or 6 full (60 questions) practice tests with emailed results at the end of the course. Run by a GA pilot and a drone pilot.

I took my time with the course ...about a month) and other material I gathered on my own. Whatever you do, don't get hung up on practice test questions...very few are worded the same way. READ THE ACTUAL QUESTIONS CAREFULLY and understand exactly what they're asking before you eliminate obvious wrong answers. When in doubt, go for the most conservative answer.

I was ready for anything, but in the end got a lot of regulatory and sectional chart/airspace questions...I know my charts well, so that was good. Also good with weather, but only a few questions on METAR, TAF, PIREPS, etc. Your result may vary.

All I can speak about with any clarity is remotepilot 101. I have learned an amazing amount in a short time. After just a few days, I took the final practice test and scored a 73%. Enough to pass the 107. But I am going to keep watching videos and refreshing the weak areas. I want "at least" high 80's
Is the practice final test the same questions every time, if it is thats not to usefull

I received a 90% - which is great. I studied for about a month. As far as studying - I thought I was prepared but I had quite a few questions that caused me trouble such as which reference material do we use to look up items such as effects of medication. There were also quite a few questions on CRM which I was not prepared for.

I have now completed both courses. I'm reviewing Gold Seal for free, but found myself struggling to determine a fair baseline for comparisons and expectations for my review, so I paid for the RP101.com course.

Here is a very high level look: They both have their strengths and weakness', but at this time, I would say overall the Gold Seal course is more structured, a little better rounded with better presentations and in some area's deeper knowledge. Their course delivery system (software) is way better, hand down.

Jason from RP101.com is an excellent teacher and has a real gift for getting a hard concept across clearly. I think this is mostly because he tends to use 'real world' cases or examples to help conceptual transfer that knowledge. That said, I think I learned FAR more (and really still learning) from the Gold Seal course.

All that said. I think it really depends on how you learn. Platform wise Gold Seal wins fairly easily, but if you learn better in an organic lecture kind of way then RP101.com may be better. Gold Seal tends to provide presentation/animations with raw, to the point, information, which I think I prefer.

After my test (Nov 21) I hope to get a comparison video up.

Passed Part 107 yesterday. Had studied hard, and did well on all the practice tests. I took the Drone Pilot Ground School course, which was good and really helped prep me. Some of the questions however related to how fixed wing drones performed which I just guessed on. While I did the work, and am happy to pass, I really feel that some of what you are required to know is useless and government over regulation. For example, why does a drone pilot need to know how to properly land at an airport when it is highly unlikely that we will ever need to land there? It does raise the bar, and the learning is important, especially as they relate to the rules of flight, but some of it really ends up being useless information unless you want to go on and become a plane pilot.

For example, why does a drone pilot need to know how to properly land at an airport when it is highly unlikely that we will ever need to land there? It does raise the bar, and the learning is important, especially as they relate to the rules of flight, but some of it really ends up being useless information unless you want to go on and become a plane pilot.

Congrats on passing the exam! But I'm pretty sure there are not any questions on "how to land at an airport". There are airport operations questions since many people want to fly in airport airspaces. But how to land at an airport? I don't think there are any of those.

Passed Part 107 yesterday. Had studied hard, and did well on all the practice tests. I took the Drone Pilot Ground School course, which was good and really helped prep me. Some of the questions however related to how fixed wing drones performed which I just guessed on. While I did the work, and am happy to pass, I really feel that some of what you are required to know is useless and government over regulation. For example, why does a drone pilot need to know how to properly land at an airport when it is highly unlikely that we will ever need to land there? It does raise the bar, and the learning is important, especially as they relate to the rules of flight, but some of it really ends up being useless information unless you want to go on and become a plane pilot.

You've got to step back and realize this test and "system" is for much more than "Phantom sUAS" operations. Unbeknown to many PhantomPilots members there are literally thousands of fixed wing sUAS operating on any given day.

If you don't understand how traffic around the airport operates then how are you going to understand how to integrate within it and operate safely? One thing that is fairly constant (especially around an airport) is we are all somewhat aware of what is going on and hand an idea of what to expect and where. We are all playing from the same rule book so that even if something doesn't directly apply to us we at least have some degree of understanding what others "might" be doing so we can add that to our mental notes for planning and flying.

Passed, but there was a seriously messed up question on mine...

"At the ___ Airport (GGV) in Figure 25, Area 2 (this was a sectional chart), what is the visibility at ground level?"
a) 1 Statute Mile
b) 3 Statute Miles
c) 0 Statute Miles with Low Fog

There was no TAF or METAR to reference, only a Sectional. Even the Proctor said "How could you answer that just from a Sectional?"... that's not a 'trick' question, it's a completely invalid one. But I had to pick an answer, so I picked a) and apparently I got it right because it didn't come up in the ones I missed for review.

Just sharing.

HA! I had the same question. No possible way to determine visibility on a VFR sectional. I looked at the question and the book 10 times thinking I was on the wrong page. But my answer choices were different. I had
A) 1/3 mile
B) 1 mile
C) 3 miles
I picked C because I had to pick something, and got it wrong.

I passed with an 87%. But I wish there was a way to see what the correct answer was. My proctor told me that I could Google the codes of the missed questions on my results print out. But when I do that, all I get is an overall type test subject, not an actual question

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31